TB3 To Pcie Standalone adapter possible?

Hello, I own an XPS 13 9350/9360 (Unsure, but am sure it has 2x lanes of PCIe via Thunderbolt3 port). My question is, knowing that an eGPU setup is definitely possible as long as an external display is used, is it possible to find an adapter that would connect a TB3 port directly into a GPU (PCIe)? Assuming cooling and power (for the GPU) are provided, would this set-up be possible? eGPU enclosures seem very expensive, and I'm looking for a cheaper solution. I've seen articles about how people use an extender to turn an NVMe Slot into a GPU connection, but wouldn't a direct TB3 alternative be possible?

NOTE: I don't need any IO except the display ports on the GPU. (Goal: GPU + Monitor -> 1x TB3 port)

NOTE: Im inexperienced and practically new to this whole eGPU gig, but I have a GTX1080 which I feel I could put to use on the go with my XPS 13.

With the M2 (not NVMe, thats the ssd type not interface) you'll have the pins for the PCIE x4 connection 1 to 1. So you can just plug in a extender to full PCIE slot without any electrical change. (If the M2 in case has PCIE support, the SATA only M2 wont work)

So far as i understand you'll need todo some conversion from TB3 to PCIE, hence why the enclosures are so expensive.