Am I stupid?

Bertrock Obama

OK, so recently, I bought an XFX 7770 Ultra Overclock Edition. I was planning on getting a blue Bitfenix Prodigy w/side panel window, and building a rig in that. My current rig is just terrible, an AMD A-6 w/7520G integrated, which, for the price of the machine when I got it, was a steal. This thing can run DayZ with textures all the way up. I am very satisfied with it. I need more power though. I knew that the 7770 was a good option, but not if it was the best. I am on a tight budget, no more than $200, and I want to know if there is anything else that is worth getting. 

Thanks, 

Bert

i think the 7770 is the best card for that price

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Why hello there Bert. :P

200$ for anything that boosts your performance?

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Running an APU with a dedicated card is usually not recommended. The CPU component on it is weaker.

Since you're limited on budget though, a 7770 is a good option; odds aren't as high that the APU will bottleneck it. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

What are your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Running an APU with a dedicated card is usually not recommended. The CPU component on it is weaker.

Since you're limited on budget though, a 7770 is a good option; odds aren't as high that the APU will bottleneck it. 

I think more of the problem is running an apu and a gpu in crossfire rather then just using the apu as only a cpu along with a gpu. However I don't know if that apu will bottleneck a 7770 either lol

Since you already have the 7770, it's difficult to recommend anything else unless you're going to sell the 7770 (which you can't get a lot for). The 7870 is a big upgrade for under $200. I think that the 760 can also be had for around $200 (rebate and sale) if you can't find AMD cards in stock.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5