FPS drop at fortnite

Go to solution Solved by SimplyChunk,

Ok,  Do you have a spare HDD or SSD?  Unplug your main HDD/SSD and put a fresh install of windows on the spare.  See if that solves the dips.  Could be that something has got a bit screwy with your windows install/Drivers.  If you don't get dips on the fresh install then your problem is software and not hardware.  Come back with your results and we'll look further into it

Hey guys,this started to happen a little often some days ago,when i am playing fortnite,my fps most of the time is around 70-100,but suddenly sometimes it goes to 5-10,someone know why this may happen? (sorry if i've said something wrong,i'm still learning english)

my specs are: GTX 1050 (2gb), 8GB ram ddr3, i3 4170. Thanks for the attention :D

Do you have afterburner installed?  If not, install it and let us know your CPU usage when the drops happen?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Do you have afterburner installed?  If not, install it and let us know your CPU usage when the drops happen?

yes i have it installed,i will test it and then i tell you

14 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

yes,it drops around 20%

@YouSirAreADudeSir

Ok,  Do you have a spare HDD or SSD?  Unplug your main HDD/SSD and put a fresh install of windows on the spare.  See if that solves the dips.  Could be that something has got a bit screwy with your windows install/Drivers.  If you don't get dips on the fresh install then your problem is software and not hardware.  Come back with your results and we'll look further into it

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

On 23/08/2018 at 1:12 PM, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Thanks for the help,but as i dont have a spare HDD/SSD, i've asked about that to all my friends if any of them had this problem,and one of them told me that he just turned off NVIDIA Highlights,and it worked for me, but thanks for the help anyway,it may helps someone else :D