Hello Linus World!

Hi everyone,

I've been a subscriber to the show for a while and finally decided to check out the community. The recent Flying PC post on the Tube is what really compelled me to join. I love the show. Linus and the team are awesome. 

In regard to this Flying PC. I'm a bit disappointed and uncomfortable with the fact that the PC is literally dead wieght in flight. This video really set my teeth on edge. Linus, love you bro. Why the WTF did you not put a Single Board Computer such as the Beaglebone or Raspberry Pi in as the Flight Controller and run Ardupilot? This would have reduced the weight considerably and most important, the plane could fly autonomously. All of the software is completely open source.

I'm currently working on an Ardupilot Quadcopter Drone built with the BeagleBone Blue. The BB Blue is the optimal solution for a project like this. It is a Linux Computer/Robotics Controller  the size of an Altoids mint tin. Here's a pic of my Flying Beagle.

Please take that PC out of the Plane and put in an Ardupilot compatible Flight Controller. There is still time. 

Linus Tech Tips is awesome! Thanks for a great show.  Please consider making some content related to Open Source  Single Board Computers such as Raspberry Pi and Beaglebone. I would love to see what you come up with. 

trent_darkside 

20180819_031843.jpg

to be fair he put a nuc in it because he wanted luke to be able to use the computer. I think it would be fun to see linus dive into a self flying rasp pi plane, but that would be a separate project since luke is using this computer now. Welcome to the community by the way!

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.