AMD workstation motherboard?

Hi folks,

I'm looking to upgrade my ageing intel workstation, and while I'm still happy with the performance I feel that AMD has a lot more to give, and I could use some extra m.2 SSDs in the setup.

The problem I have is that there don't seem to be any workstation AMD motherboards. Looking at ASUS' website (and I would prefer ASUS) there is a grand total of 0 AMD boards:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Workstation-Products/

I can work with AM4, TR4 would be nice due to the quad-channel DDR, but not neccessary.

What I definitely don't want in my system:

- onboard sound

- RGB lights

- WiFi

What I'd prefer not to pay for:

- gigabit lan (already have a HP server lan card)

Nice to haves:

- UHS-II SD card reader

Is there anyone manufacturing workstation AMD boards, or are they all aimed at gamer bling bling?

A lot of AM4 motherboards have dual M.2 slots.

Pretty much every consumer board will have onboard sound, very few have onboard Wifi. Lack of RGB lights are a little tougher to tackle, this is after all 2018. But I think some AM4 boards do feature no RGB, but I'd have to double check.

I know some motherboards have triple M.2, but I don't think any of those will fit your criteria as far as aesthetics go.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

For TR4, just about all of them have 3 M.2.  If you are using Linux the guys at Level 1 Techs have a Gigabyte Designare they are using for a workstation and have figured out how to get the TB3 working too.