Optane making hdd show up as a ssd

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
Just now, ImTehCookie said:

Without much reason to defrag in mind, should I be worried about windows thinking its an ssd or is that just a result of optane?

thats a result of the optane caching solution. This reporting also can have issues.

Optane converts the boot drive from your hdd to a rst volume that is the hdd cached by the optane drive.

So around November-December of 2017 I got a new pc with a terabyte of hdd storage and a 16gb intel optane drive. Out of sheer boredom and nothing else do to I wanted to defragment the hdd. Turns out my system thinks there's a ssd instead of an hdd and HWMonitor thinks its an hdd+optane combo so now I'm confused because I know for fact its an hdd since I'm the one who put it in. Question is, how do I convince windows its actually a hdd and not sdd?

Drives.png.db5a75feafaefae979dd60b14899232c.png

All I can say is that system32 didn't seem that important at first alright?

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

WIth optane there isn't much of a reason to defrag the disk. I woudln't defrag it here.

You can use third party programs to defrag if you want.

Without much reason to defrag in mind, should I be worried about windows thinking its an ssd or is that just a result of optane?

Just now, ImTehCookie said:

thats a result of the optane caching solution. This reporting also can have issues.

Optane converts the boot drive from your hdd to a rst volume that is the hdd cached by the optane drive.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Any issues I should be worried about or that might affect longevity?

1 minute ago, ImTehCookie said:

Any issues I should be worried about or that might affect longevity?

not really, just leave it at default and your fine. You won't kill that optane with writes.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

not really, just leave it at default and your fine. You won't kill that optane with writes.

Thnx a bunch