Overclocking an i5-8600k

So I want to build an ITX system that I can easily move, basically an "Overwatch console" hehe, I'm planning to get an i5-8600k (this system will be exclusively used for gaming) and overclock it to 5.0ghz (I'm planning on delidding) in a Fata1ity Z370 board. What's the best cooler with a low profile/small footprint that I could use that still manages to cool the CPU at 5.0ghz? :-) 

I've been looking at Noctua's NH-L9x65 and the Cryorig C7 Cu and the Brontes 1001, is there any other better option?

Also, if anyone knows, is there a smaller way to power the system and still be able to hit 4.9/5ghz? I'm currently set to buy the Corsair SF600, but don't know of better options.

BTW I'm building my own case to fit all of the parts in the smallest way possible, that's why I'm asking for small parts, hehe.

This is the current part list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($248.90 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - C7 Cu 40.5 CFM CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($164.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - PM961 128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($62.95 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB Mini Video Card  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1026.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-19 15:20 EDT-0400

They aren't going to handle that chip at 5GHz. 4.5 with an AVX offset of 1 on all cores at 1.15v is as high as I could push a 8600K on a H212 EVO- a 120mm tower cooler. 

26 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

They aren't going to handle that chip at 5GHz. 4.5 with an AVX offset of 1 on all cores at 1.15v is as high as I could push a 8600K on a H212 EVO- a 120mm tower cooler. 

So would you suggest liquid cooling instead? remember I'm planning on delidding and applying liquid metal to the CPU in order to help with temps.

24 minutes ago, Mokilop said:

Or if you can fit it use an AIO with high fin density 

The case will be built around the components mostly (I'm designing/manufacturing it myself) so I want to be as efficient as I can be.

9 minutes ago, kettu said:

So I want to build an ITX system that I can easily move, basically an "Overwatch console" hehe, I'm planning to get an i5-8600k (this system will be exclusively used for gaming) and overclock it to 5.0ghz (I'm planning on delidding) in a Fata1ity Z370 board. What's the best cooler with a low profile/small footprint that I could use that still manages to cool the CPU at 5.0ghz? :-) 

I've been looking at Noctua's NH-L9x65 and the Cryorig C7 Cu and the Brontes 1001, is there any other better option?

Also, if anyone knows, is there a smaller way to power the system and still be able to hit 4.9/5ghz? I'm currently set to buy the Corsair SF600, but don't know of better options.

BTW I'm building my own case to fit all of the parts in the smallest way possible, that's why I'm asking for small parts, hehe.

This is the current part list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($248.90 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - C7 Cu 40.5 CFM CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($164.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - PM961 128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($62.95 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB Mini Video Card  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1026.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-19 15:20 EDT-0400

none of those can touch 5ghz.

mabye a 240mm AIO push-pull.

try delidding.

Well you can't keep 5Ghz with a small air cooler so liwuid cooling is more compatible.

If you can afford it I suggest going with custom loop if you are that dedicated :)

But it is expensive and time consuming it also requires maintnence

2 minutes ago, kettu said:

So would you suggest liquid cooling instead? remember I'm planning on delidding and applying liquid metal to the CPU in order to help with temps.

I know, but it's not going to be nowhere near enough to handle it at 5GHz. Is getting a large air cooler not an option for you? 

3 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

none of those can touch 5ghz.

mabye a 240mm AIO push-pull.

try delidding.

I think he can go with only push or pull

are you really gonna need 5 ghz for overwatch?

i think that with a small format case you will run into thermal issues

13 minutes ago, mymande said:

are you really gonna need 5 ghz for overwatch?

i think that with a small format case you will run into thermal issues

I'm really aiming for stable 240+ fps, from what I've seen Overwatch performs better with Intel GPU's, and the i5-8600k + 1070Ti combo is capable enough to do that AFAIK, maybe I don't need overclocking at all, but I would like to atleast be able to test that before giving up on it.

2 minutes ago, kettu said:

I'm really aiming for stable 240+ fps, from what I've seen Overwatch performs better with Intel GPU's, and the i5-8600k + 1070Ti combo is capable enough to do that AFAIK, maybe I don't need overclocking at all, but I would like to atleast be able to test that before giving up on it.

With a stock 8600K you can hit 300fps which is the frame cap of OW.

Also why not considen the new gpus they are unveiled in 19 Hours

i dont think overclocking the cpu is such a good idea to just play overwatch remember from 120 to 240 hz is a small visual upgrade. U probally cant even see it. I think its not worth overclocking. Still you can try would do the same here xD

17 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

I know, but it's not going to be nowhere near enough to handle it at 5GHz. Is getting a large air cooler not an option for you? 

The thing is I do wanna build the smallest encasing possible for the whole system. Small enough to put it in a backpack and be able to move it with ease. I'm going full wireless with the mouse, keyboard and headphones too, only things I wanna plug are the monitor and the system itself.

I travel between places monthly and I don't really wanna stop playing, but my current system takes too much of a hassle to move from place to place and it's becoming a pain in the ass to the point I'm playing less because of this, I also don't wanna spend on a gaming laptop because I've already got a good a 2016 15" Macbook Pro for my work. So I just wanna sell my current system and hopefully build with the money I get from it (ofc I'll have to spend some more money but I'm ok as long as it becomes smaller)

6 minutes ago, The321 said:

i dont think overclocking the cpu is such a good idea to just play overwatch remember from 120 to 240 hz is a small visual upgrade. U probally cant even see it. I think its not worth overclocking. Still you can try would do the same here xD

Mmmm, I did notice the change when I switched from 144 to 240hz, and now the game feels more 'laggy' when I play with my old 144hz monitor. I'm starting to think overclocking wont be needed too, but I still want to be able to try it atleast.

10 minutes ago, Mokilop said:

With a stock 8600K you can hit 300fps which is the frame cap of OW.

Also why not considen the new gpus they are unveiled in 19 Hours

I didn't know this, now I'll just wait then to see if it's worth it to wait for release or just wait for the prices to go down on coffee lake and gpu, hehe.

with high temps you most likely wont brick something as long as the voltage is ok. Soo why not try. But its like switching from 30 to 60 it feels like a big bump and than 60 to 144 once u go higher and u get used to it u cant go back

Thanks everyone, I've decided to wait for the new CPU + GPU gen, cooling is still yet undecided but I'm now leaning more towards a small AIO for this from what I've read.

Just now, mymande said:

in overwatch i can get 80/90 hz @ 4k ultra details with a 6700k not oc and a gtx1070 not oc (just turbo bust)

in 4K the cpu doesnt matter.

if it is a 8600K it is the GPU that is struggling