Help on configuring air flow

madfufuu

Hello~ I need some help on settings up fans around my new build. I'm using This Caseand This Cooler.

The case came with 2-140mm fans, the CPU cooler came with 1-120mm fan. I also have 2 more 120mm fans and 1 more 140mm fan.

A total of 3-140mm fans, 2-120mm fans for the chassis, and 1-120mm fan for the heat sink.

I'm planning to install 2-140mm fans in the front of the case for intake, 1-140mm fan in the back for exhaust, and the 2-120mm fans on the top of the case.

I know that a negative air pressure collects dust and it's generally better for a positive or balanced air flow.

How should I configure the fans in my build? or should I move one of the 120mm fan to the heat sink?

This might be a noob question.. but, what direction should I install the CPU Cooler, and what direction should I point the cooler fan to?

Thanks!

Best is to have 2 intakes, and 1 exhaust. You want cool, fresh air for the cooler, and the heat from the heatsink to be taken out by the exhaust.

hi.

4 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Best is to have 2 intakes, and 1 exhaust. You want cool, fresh air for the cooler, and the heat from the heatsink to be taken out by the exhaust.

So would 2-140mm intake from the front panel, 1-140mm exhaust from the back, 2-120mm fans on the heat sink and no fans on the top sound good?

2 140's at the front with a filter blowing inwards, then 1 on the heatsink blowing from front to back, then one on the rear exhaust blowing outwards (140) then the other 120 on the front top shot blowing inwards. 

Experiment with the other 120 on the other end of the heatsink to see if there is an improvement in thermals, if its not much then put it on the top of the case blowing inwards, if it does help thermals use it in a push pull config. 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

5 minutes ago, madfufuu said:

So would 2-140mm intake from the front panel, 1-140mm exhaust from the back, 2-120mm fans on the heat sink and no fans on the top sound good?

That would work good. The 140's will run quieter and better than 120's.

hi.

Top fans won't help much on cooling. You are fine without them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv