Windows 10 Registry issues at a total loss.

Siotek

Ok new around here but I really need the help.  I have been fighting with this weird issue I can't figure out.  I finally tracked down what is causing the error but I have never seen something like this happen before.

For the last 2 weeks I have been dealing with 5 instances of the 0cx000021a error.  This error from my research is typically caused when the login service can't start causing a bsod.  After many failing to fix I did a full reinstall.  Intalled all windows updates and drivers and on reboot a day or so later same error.  I was figuring this was happening due to possibly shutting down during a windows update preparation phase or something.  So this last time I was super careful and left the PC on for 2 days and everything seemed good till today.

Booted up the PC after work and another bsod 21a.  Did some deep digging after trying a few fixes and stumbled on the cause Registry corrupted.  Can't even get into safe mode so possible driver related cause?

The wierd part is the PC has been running normal for 2 days.  Did a normal shutdown now corrupted Registry.

I am at a loss.  Outside of firefox and the windows updates only thing I had installed was the latest Nvidia driver.  As I have been trying to figure this issue out.

So the question what in the hell would cause 5 instances of random registry corruption after normal shutdowns?

In all my years of building and fixing PC's I have never seen this.  This is not a consistent thing sometimes same day other times a few days after.  No malware of any type I can find. Have full formatted multiple times.  Kept no files even zeroed out the drive sectors on the hdds using linux live boot just to be sure.  Any thoughts before I am bald?

12 minutes ago, Siotek said:

Any thoughts before I am bald?

Are you certain you have solid hardware?

Like bad ram or a failing hard drive...both of those will cause issues.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Both HDDs are 100% healthy.  No ram issues that I can tell.  I don't have a test machine but it all makes it through benches properly everything seems normal there.  It is just I am getting weird OS bricking levels of registry corruption at random on a shutdown.  If I boot to my Linux HDD every is amazing and fine.   

No I don't dual boot off the same boot loader either each HDD has its own I just choose which one I want from the bios selection.  

have you refreshed your windows yet?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Working on the install now it is doing all the getting ready black screen pointless stuff.  Did another full format.

Windows is installed running memtest to ensure no ram errors.

Update after staying up way too late with the google foo right now the only possible cause is hardware related.  Ram has been testing fine so far for the last 9 hrs.  Later tonight I will test the SSD again as well as the CPU.  One of these 3 is bricking the registry on shutdown randomly so it is not a persistent problem but some deep edge case.  Time for hardcore stress testing.