RAGE Review

dougyfresh

I know I am a little late to the party when it comes to playing and reviewing this game but I have just recently bought and beat it. I will divide the review up into the usual categories for games. I won't go into detail about the story because I do not want to spoil it for anyone. This is my first somewhat decent review of a game. Any critiques would be recommened/encouraged.

Gameplay: The gameplay is what I expected from a fps game. The weapons handled well with the assortment of different ammo types for your guns being a nice change of pace. The wingstick, which is a tri-wing boomerang, was incredibly fun to use to decapitate enimies. There are your typical boss fights and mini-boss fights throughout the game but on normal difficulty, none of them were hard. The other big part of this game is the vehicle racing and combat. The races are a fun side thing to do and you are only forced to compete in a few races to progress the campaign; all of said races are extremely easy to beat too.

Graphics: The graphics are phenomenal in some spots and horrendous in others. Textures on the rocks, people, and guns look amazing while a lot of textures in some of environment and buildings are extremely muddy and of low resolution. I also encountered some pop in here and there if I turned my camera to quickly, although I have read on the forums that there are changes you can make to the game to remedy this problem.

Story: The story was alright. It followed your usual line of you the protagonist being special and being the hero to come save the land. Just as the game starts to build some steam it ends. You also get one of the coolest guns for the last mission which is never a fun thing; who wants to use the coolest gun for only an hour. It was your overall generic fps/post-apocalyptic story and that is all there really is to it.

Sound: The ambient noises, voices, and guns all sound great. The voice acting was good and I had no complaints with any of the characters really. All the guns had unique sounds that were all different from each other and they all sounded powerful in their own regards. The ambient noises from the splashing of water to the steam and creaks of rusty metal made the world feel eerie and alive.

Multiplayer: I have not touched the multiplayer and therefore I will not review said part of the game.

Replayability: There really is no reason to go back to replay the campaign. All your decisions are made for you and you don't get to shape the world to your liking. The story also being a standard fps/post-apocalyptic one, there really is no reason to go back to experience to tale over again.

I don't like to give number scores to games because I think number scores are one of the serious problems with game reviews nowadays.

One hitter quitter, definitely. 

And yea, you're just a wee bit late haha. The game was great on console though. Too rare are the instances where games could run at 60 fps. It really did feel like a pc game. 

MP was horrendous. Coop was okay. Only played them to get the achievements. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

From what I remember I thought the game was kind of too easy.

Error: 410

One hitter quitter, definitely. 

And yea, you're just a wee bit late haha. The game was great on console though. Too rare are the instances where games could run at 60 fps. It really did feel like a pc game. 

MP was horrendous. Coop was okay. Only played them to get the achievements. 

On console or PC? I feel like the achievement ***** thing is really only a console kinda thing ya know. I mean it feels good to get achievements on steam but I don't actively like hunt down achievements like I use to on console.