The display output looks completely broken

So my friends computer has been working fine until he got a graphics card, a gt 1030, a few months back, at which point when he turned it on it would be stuck on the motherboard boot screen for about a 5 minutes, with one beep every 20 to 30 seconds, and then it would go onto the windows loading screen which would be positioned awkwardly in the bottom right corner, and then go into a windows login screen what can be assumed to be the cursor is distorted horizontally across the screen, with somewhat inverted colors and flickering stripes. 

He is running the gt 1030 off of a acer veriton prebuilt with:

i3 2130

2 8gb sticks of ddr3

some acer motherboard

what's supposed to be a 300w psu

could it be a display driver issue?

and we cant test it withou a gpu because he doesn't have displayport or dvi

have you tested with another GPU? have you tested the GPU in another system?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Windows is using the wrong resolution, you need to to get into the Windows start up options (hit reset/interrupt loading screen three times in a row) and pick low resolution mode.

14 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Windows is using the wrong resolution, you need to to get into the Windows start up options (hit reset/interrupt loading screen three times in a row) and pick low resolution mode.

what do you mean by hit reset/interrupt loading screen?

While Windows in booting and the logo/spinning dots graphic is on the screen hit the reset button.  Wait or the logo/dots to come back up and hit it again.  Do this one more time and it should do "automatic system recovery", after which you will get access to a menu where you can "change the behavior of windows startup".

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

While Windows in booting and the logo/spinning dots graphic is on the screen hit the reset button.  Wait or the logo/dots to come back up and hit it again.  Do this one more time and it should do "automatic system recovery", after which you will get access to a menu where you can "change the behavior of windows startup".

there's a button labelled as recovery with a curved arrow, clicking that doesn't do anything. Otherwise there is no reset button that i'm aware of

Reset button on the PC, if you dont have that just pull the power plug if its not a laptop.

9 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Reset button on the PC, if you dont have that just pull the power plug if its not a laptop.

so just restart it everytime it gets to the dots 3 times?