looking for a 27inch monitor

Manchineel

Like the title suggests I am looking for a new monitor for gaming.

Looking for 27inches, 1440p (not against 4k monitors just something that I am willing to give up since high refresh rate 4k gaming is a long ways away for me), high refresh rate (doesn't need to be crazy high, just above 100), and color is really important as well (so probably IPS).

Budget would ideally be around $350- $400 but I can go up to $500 (In USA). Feel free to post other slightly more expensive monitors because I usually wait for a sale anyway.

If it matters I currently have a gtx 1070 and intel 6700k and my monitor is an Acer GN246HL.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Reason why I am upgrading: dead pixels.

Following your description and budget, it looks like the Pixio PX277h is the monitor you're looking for. Normally, a monitor with those kind of specifications costs around 700-850USD. Science studio has done a review about it because he was very sceptical:

I failed to find (didn't search long though) any tangible data about input lag.

Other than that, I personally own a BenQ XL2730Z Monitor which is a safe route and a guaranteed excellent performer for gaming.
Unfortunately, it's a TN so it may not live up to your colour-quality expectations, but at the same time it is a very good TN. It has commendable color representation for a TN Panel, just keep that in mind.

I could say the same about the Asus ROG Swift PG278QR

Here's a chart comparing the input lag between some gaming Monitors. https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tests/inputs/input-lag

Good luck!

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

Thanks for the info, didn't realize I was being stingy at $500. That monitor looks promising but I might just wait and save up some more for something like the ASUS ROG PG279Q from your list (thanks for that by the way, very interesting). I usually try to stay away from the bargain items because from my experience I get burned from them (got a cheaper motherboard for my PC and quickly realized I needed more IO than what was given, and then the monitor pixels going after 2 years of use just sitting on a desk). 

And yeah I think IPS will be the way to go for me, but I appreciate the TN suggestion.