GPU Migration across different OS

Right so I'm buying a fairly cheap GTX 770 to replace my GTX 650 (and i5-4670k to replace my i5-750).,however its been running inside an Ubuntu system and I can't seem to find an answer but would that require a driver change when I move it into my system which runs Windows 10? Would Windows even be able to recognise the device? Is the process different from a regular driver install. Thanks

7 minutes ago, SaiyanKurosaki said:

Right so I'm buying a fairly cheap GTX 770 to replace my GTX 650 (and i5-4670k to replace my i5-750).,however its been running inside an Ubuntu system and I can't seem to find an answer but would that require a driver change when I move it into my system which runs Windows 10? Would Windows even be able to recognise the device? Is the process different from a regular driver install. Thanks

Yes it will.  Just like Linux, it will install a default driver to make it work.  Once you are on the desktop you can install the Nvidia drivers from the net.

To get drivers in windows 10, download GeForce Experience. That's more convenient, or you can go to nVidia's website to find the drivers.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

18 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

To get drivers in windows 10, download GeForce Experience. That's more convenient, or you can go to nVidia's website to find the drivers.

Only problem with Geforce is you have to log in........

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Only problem with Geforce is you have to log in........

if you have gmail or facebook, just sign in, get drivers, and sign back out.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

if you have gmail or facebook, just sign in, get drivers, and sign back out.

Yeah, or just go to the website and download with no sign in at all.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Yeah, or just go to the website and download with no sign in at all.

pretty sure if you use the site, it tries to auto download geforce experience anyway, but i could be mistaken.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

pretty sure if you use the site, it tries to auto download geforce experience anyway, but i could be mistaken.

Yeah you have to uncheck it.  They want to get everyone's email.....

I already had GeForce Experience when I first got my GTX 650 so I made an account and everything only to manually install an older driver as a game I adore (Dark Souls) wouldn't function correctly with the mods I had due to the newer drivers, so I currently have a driver from July 2015 on it. Either way thanks guys.