1070 or 1070ti or 1080?

halblah
Go to solution Solved by JZStudios,
1 hour ago, halblah said:

at this point the 1070ti is pretty much out of the equation. I did some research online and I was surprised that there are so few reviews on this detuned card. But I found this 

apparently they are all the same, just not factory ocd.

They basically just failed the OC requirements for the standard FTW line, but are otherwise operational.

So, yes they are the same, but they aren't stable at the same high OC in most scenarios. After all, why scrap the card when it's still technically completely functional?

I linked to a thread on the EVGA forums discussing it above.

1 hour ago, halblah said:

at this point the 1070ti is pretty much out of the equation. I did some research online and I was surprised that there are so few reviews on this detuned card. But I found this 

apparently they are all the same, just not factory ocd.

They basically just failed the OC requirements for the standard FTW line, but are otherwise operational.

So, yes they are the same, but they aren't stable at the same high OC in most scenarios. After all, why scrap the card when it's still technically completely functional?

#Muricaparrotgang

13 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

So what do you think about the value of this detuned cards?

Just now, halblah said:

So what do you think about the value of this detuned cards?

Dunno. At worst its clocked at the founders edition level. People have been able to boost it anywhere from 1800-2000mhz. Probably still worth a buy over the 1070 and 1070 TI with more Cuda cores and faster ram speeds for +$30 and equal amount respectively.

But like I said, Happy says he bought one so I'm going to wait and see if he'll give a review on it. Although for ~$130 cheaper than the base FTW2 model or any other 1080 it'd be hard to dissuade me.

#Muricaparrotgang