RAM this days

Go to solution Solved by Randomguy123,
Just now, gbergeron said:

No games require 16 gb minimum...

when ? Who knows... 1 year 5 year 10 years who knows bro :P 

i mean im just interested, today max is 16 but hell its kinda scary that games will need more than 16GB cuzz you know prices and mostly ALOT for a game

Is there any game that requires 16GB RAM minimum this days , and when will you think itll happen?

2 minutes ago, Randomguy123 said:

Is there any game that requires 16GB RAM minimum this days , and when will you think itll happen?

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

MOST games recommend 4. But Quantum Break recommends 16! and minimum is 4.

I honestly think it will happen when something like lets say GTA 6 comes out. If it ever will.

Ram is like storage, start with some see the usage and then upgrade if you need more room :)  8gb is a good start 16 gb is pretty bulletproof for now

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

Just now, gbergeron said:

i mean im just interested, today max is 16 but hell its kinda scary that games will need more than 16GB cuzz you know prices and mostly ALOT for a game

Currently, you can run many games on 8gb of RAM today, but for example on AAA games at max, you might run into problems with 8 gigs, so technically, games like tomb raider, GTA V, and other AAAs will require over 8gb today. Some software applications however like 3D animation and rendering will definately need more RAM

Just now, FatalPotatoe said:

Currently, you can run many games on 8gb of RAM today, but for example on AAA games at max, you might run into problems with 8 gigs, so technically, games like tomb raider, GTA V, and other AAAs will require over 8gb today. Some software applications however like 3D animation and rendering will definately need more RAM

i bought a new PC and im waiting for it to be ready but my older system im using now till my PC will be ready has like a 550ti some i5 and 4GB ram

i literally was trying to play Battlefield 4 in the past and Arma 2 Dayz mod and actualy fortnite xD, so yeah i thought it was time to upgrade 

Just now, Randomguy123 said:

i bought a new PC and im waiting for it to be ready but my older system im using now till my PC will be ready has like a 550ti some i5 and 4GB ram

i literally was trying to play Battlefield 4 in the past and Arma 2 Dayz mod and actualy fortnite xD, so yeah i thought it was time to upgrade 

Im from the old days of Battlefield 3 so you know 

21 minutes ago, Randomguy123 said:

Not the game by itself but i can exceed 16GB of RAM used when running ARK.