Not enough USB resources

Hi guys! 

I got bored trawling through forums so I thought I'd seek help from you guys! I am currently wiping Mobile phones and tablet on a laptop. They are connected through a powered 15 port Cambrionix hub. Starting yesterday afternoon I have been getting constant 'Not enough USB resources' errors when connecting more than 8 devices. What's is confusing, is that up until yesterday afternoon I was connecting up to 30 with no issue (across 2 identical hubs). I've power cycled the hubs and tried several different laptops but am constantly getting the error. Has anyone come across this or resolved an issue like this? 

Cheers! 

Bit of googling… are the phones you are working on now different model than the ones before?

One google result points out that some devices use differing number of USB endpoints that a single controller can address. So one phone could appear as only 3 and another one as high as 10.

Thanks for the reply! Exactly the same devices that I've been testing for a week. A mixture of Apple and Android devices. Everything was working fine yesterday morning, which is why i'm so confused. I've even swapped out the 2 hubs.

edited*

Edited by FastRDust
My bad didn't read properly

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

What "NOT ENOUGH USB CONTROLLER RESOURCES" actually means.

And in there, Maximum USB Device Count on Intel 8 Series Controllers?

It seems 16 devices per port on Intel devices, and 96 endpoints for the chipset controller.

Looking through that, try using USB 2.0 ports if there are any? They seem to have more endpoints than 3.1 ports?

Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to reinstall the chipset drivers and dig out an old USB 2.0 host cable to see if that makes a difference. Struggling to get more than 8 picked up on one port at the moment.