CPU BIOS Upgrade Question

Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

You need a CPU to update the BIOS, so if you don't have one that the board is already compatible with, you can't update it.

In your case, update the BIOS before installing the new CPU

"Some Intel B150 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Kaby Lake-S CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions."

I understand the first sentence. The second sentence I do not understand. What does it mean? And if I'm upgrading from an i5-6402p to an i5-7600, does the second sentence apply to me?

My mobo is a Bazooka Plus B150M.

to ensure everything works with your upgrade you should update your motherboard to the latest (newest) bios.  So upgrade your bios with your current cpu and you should be good as long as the bios does allow support for the 7600. 

2 minutes ago, Macxd said:

to ensure everything works with your upgrade you should update your motherboard to the latest (newest) bios. 

@Macxd Yea, that's what the first sentence explains. What does the second sentence mean?

7 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You need a CPU to update the BIOS, so if you don't have one that the board is already compatible with, you can't update it.

@M.Yurizaki Oh I see. So the second sentence means exactly what you wrote here ^

Thanks. This gives me a sigh of relief upgrading my CPU because I'm been somewhat worrying about compatibility issues when updating the BIOS to be compatible with the i5-7600.

it means if the board has a old bios on it it may not work with a newer  cpu generation, so you would need a older cpu, but the second part doesn't apply to you if i am understanding your first post.