How to increase airflow in sharkoon tg5 case

dubisk

I uploaded a picture of the inside of my case, the specs are: asus h81-m mobo, i7 4790, gtx 1060 6g (Palit StormX), corsair Vs 650W and a sharkoon tg5 case. The 3 fans in the front are intake and the rear one is an exhaust fan, the two fans on the cpu cooler are in a push pull config. Now, my CPU temps are pretty fine (67c during intel stress test with 30+ ambient temp), but my gpu temps are a little too high. It is undervolted to 1V and overclocked to 2000 Mhz on the core and +400Mhz on the memory, it reaches temps of 84c while playing Hellblade and 78c while playing PubG. The top of my case allows 3x120mm fan to be installed or 2x140mm. I was thinking about installing another intake fan on the top front and another exhaust fan on the top rear (either 120mm or 140mm) in order to increase the airflow, but I don't know if that would be useful. Do you guys think this is as good as it can get or should I go ahead and purchase the fans? Also consider that I live in a hot place with no AC and temps go often above 30c during this time of the year.

20180809_122143.jpg

If your card is this there is nothing wrong with those temps
0456957_7.JPG

That kind of cooling is the worse (you will have high rpm an high temps , anything bellow 90º is ok for that, I understand 85º as max temp you got, normal)

If you want to keep this card put a better cooler , i think that would be the best

https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/accelero-twin-turbo-ii.html this 

or If you have 2 fans on your house spared pick this and put 2 fans (you need to control fans but make a good curve and its ok)

https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/accelero-s3.html

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

Yes, that's indeed my card. I know the cooler on it isn't the best, I bought it back in February because it was a good deal at the time. I wanted to avoid replacing the cooler or the thermal paste not to void the warranty, so do you think the fans in the case would be completely useless?

i think it has nothing to do with the case , you have airflow for weeks with that case (i've recomended that case to a friend because it has 167 mm cpu clearance and tempered glas + 4 fans seems a great deal)

Maybe if you can remove the psu cover you will have 1-5º better and give enough space on the back of your case to let all the hot air be blown.

7ff3f8559a876b70e92191a1dfe306f9.jpg

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

With that noctua fan you could buy that 40euro that i've showed you, plus one more for 11-14 euros you will be better than any 1060 xD 

The main problem with that card is the heatsink , it seems like old ones , just too little... 1 fan its ok , you only get more noise but that heatsink seems like a old gtx 660 xD   damn palit...

Thank you, I'll see if the psu cover can be removed but I'm pretty sure it is soldered. I should see if I can change just the fan in the gpu cooler but at this point I might just go ahead and get an accelero II since I'd have to void the warranty anyway. Thank you for your tips, very helpful!

10 hours ago, dubisk said:

Yes, that's indeed my card. I know the cooler on it isn't the best, I bought it back in February because it was a good deal at the time. I wanted to avoid replacing the cooler or the thermal paste not to void the warranty, so do you think the fans in the case would be completely useless?

Like said above, problem is that your fans are too far from target. You could DIY cardboard tunnel to force air directly to GPU. Also, having tiny mobo on huge case doesn't help.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, dubisk said:

do you think the fans in the case would be completely useless?

Almost useless. The problem is the graphics card cooler and not your case fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.