New gaming build

Hi, I'm fairly new to the forum and this is my first post so bear with me. (also English isn't my native language)

1. Budget & Location

My budget is around EUR €1500,- (somewhere around USD $2000,-). I live in the Netherlands so things are fairly expensive here. I will buy the parts online with free shipping so you guys don't need to worry about shipping costs or that sort of thing.

2. Aim

Like the title said I will mainly use this system for gaming but also multitasking, mainly web-browsing (I do multitask ALOT and need my PC to be on 24/7) and basic office tasks. Most of the times I play FPS games (BF3, BF4?, Crysis3, Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite, Planetside 2, Starcraft, Halo 4 etc. ) but also MMO's (LoL, WoW) and RPG's (Skyrim). I'm also planning to watercool this system on a later time. When I'll be watercooling the system I'll certainly overclock the system. Note: I also want this system to be futureproof.

3. Monitors

I already have a 1080p Asus monitor but I'm planning to go with an Eyefinity setup with 3 monitors. So any good monitor recommendations? (Preferably IPS-panels, also a minimum resolution of 1920x1080, thinking about a 5760x1080 setup)

4. Peripherals

Already got this covered.

PS: I don't need an OS because I already have it.

5. Why are you upgrading?

My current PC is showing signs of death. It bluescreens ocassionally, it crashes sometimes or even reboots itself without a reason! Another reason is that most of the games I want to play won't run smooth on the computer I have now. I already backed up all my files for safety reasons.

Parts ATM:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K € 184,82 $ 241,86

MoBo: Asus ROG Maximus IV Formula € 249,95 $ 327,08

GPU: XFX Radeon 7950 BE DD 3GB € 272,90 $ 357,12

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7.200RPM € 109,11 $ 142,78

SSD: Samsung 840 120GB SATA3 € 84,95 $ 111,17

Case: NZXT Switch 810 White € 151,05 $ 197,66

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1600Mhz € 52,83 $ 69,13

PSU: Corsair AX860i € 180,70 $ 236,46

__________________________________________________ _____________+

Total cost: € 1286,31 $ 1683,27

Any thoughts, suggestions, tips would be appreciated:D

You can probably save some money on the memory, if all you're doing is gaming, 8GB is more than enough.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I'd suggest you get a more value orientated motherboard like the Asrock Extreme 4 and put the savings towards a second gpu to really improve multi monitor gaming performance, though you might have to downgrade to 2 7950s to keep it within budget.

As for ram, I'd agree that there are much cheaper ram and 8gb is enough but if you feel you really multi-task that much, you can get 16gb but get cl9 at 1600mhz because if you are not rendering videos, the higher clocked ram won't actually make any difference at all.

Also if you feel like you really need 3TB then ok but usually 1.5TB is more than enough and if you ever do run out, just add another one but that will be years down the road

Oh and I think you mixed up the price of the hyper 212 and switch 810, although if you plan on adding watercooling within a few months the stock intel cooler will be just fine

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

You can probably save some money on the memory, if all you're doing is gaming, 8GB is more than enough.
Thank you for you comment I changed the RAM to a pair of G.Skill's. Much cheaper than the Corsair ones!

I'd suggest you get a more value orientated motherboard like the Asrock Extreme 4 and put the savings towards a second gpu to really improve multi monitor gaming performance, though you might have to downgrade to 2 7950s to keep it within budget.

As for ram, I'd agree that there are much cheaper ram and 8gb is enough but if you feel you really multi-task that much, you can get 16gb but get cl9 at 1600mhz because if you are not rendering videos, the higher clocked ram won't actually make any difference at all.

Also if you feel like you really need 3TB then ok but usually 1.5TB is more than enough and if you ever do run out, just add another one but that will be years down the road

Oh and I think you mixed up the price of the hyper 212 and switch 810, although if you plan on adding watercooling within a few months the stock intel cooler will be just fine

As I said I was planning to watercool this build. I was thinking about a red themed system. The Asrock Extreme 4 wouldn't fit in with the rest of the colors.

I really need the 3TB's because I have alot of files. My current PC is already filled up with 1TB and I have a external hard drive hooked up to it that also is almost full.

Thank you for that, fixed it.

Het is misschien een kleine tip om het innerlijk er wat beter uit te laten zien, maar misschien kan je een kijkje nemen naar de Individually Sleeved Modular Cables, Ze zijn misschien wat aan de dure kant maar als je nog een klein gaatje over hebt in je budget zal ik het zeker doen. Ze zijn er in blauw, rood en wit. en aangezien je moederboord ook rode accenten heeft ziet dat er wat beter uit.

hier een linkje trouwens:

[url=http://azerty.nl/producten/zoek/?GRID%5B1549%5D=on&LEVERTIJD_MAX=on&v_uitgebreid=off&PAGINA=1&ZOEKTERMEN=corsair&SORTERING=levertijd_asc]http://azerty.nl/producten/zoek/?GRID%5B1549%5D=on&LEVERTIJD_MAX=on&v_uitgebreid=off&PAGINA=1&ZOEKTERMEN=corsair&SORTERING=levertijd_asc[/url=http://azerty.nl/producten/zoek/?GRID%5B1549%5D=on&LEVERTIJD_MAX=on&v_uitgebreid=off&PAGINA=1&ZOEKTERMEN=corsair&SORTERING=levertijd_asc]

Het was maar een kleine tip, voor de rest ziet het er wel netjes uit, alleen eraan denken dat als je op 3 monitors wilt gaan gamen dat je denk ik wel naar CF 7950's moet gaan.

For the non-Dutch people:

As an idea, you could buy Individually Sleeved modular PSU cables which could make the inside of your Case look a little bit better. They're a bit expensive but if you have a small hole left within your budget i'd say you should definitely do it. Also they are available in the following colors: Blue, Red and white. Also your motherboard has red highlights so it would match in the case.

Link: Above

It was you an idea i came up with. Anyway the rest of the build looks good, just think about going with a CF 7950 setup if you want to play games on 3 screens at the same time.