NEED HELP FOR MONITOR

Supahh

So I recently purchased the HP OMEN 25" monitor

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/monitors/hp/hp-omen-25-144hz-full-hd-gaming-monitor/504296/

Now many articles are saying it's falsely advertising 144hz and that it skips frames

https://segmentnext.com/2018/03/30/hp-omen-25-falsely-advertised/
and (click on image

Now, at the time I had spent $400 AUD on this monitor, so I am quite disappointed from this. 

So on the website I bought it from, it states that there is a 1 year warranty, but I have already opened the box the monitor came with and top packaging sealing may have been a bit ripped.

What will this warranty cover, and if it covers the "frame skips" and I can return it, is it ok to return it with a slightly ripped packaging? I am not very familiar with the process of replacing or sending things back.

Not only this, but when I would be about to replace the monitor, would the ssd size and hard drive size on my pc be completely wiped, so I'd have my original 2tb hdd and 250gb ssd to use for boot and storage on my new monitor? Or will I have to partition it, wipe it or do something on my current monitor to utilize all of the space that is on my current monitor.

I am thinking of purchasing this monitor if in worst case scenario, I replace it.

https://www.umart.com.au/MSI-Optix-G27C2-27--1920x1080-144Hz-LCD-Curved-Gaming-Monitor_41241G.html

CPU: Intel i7-8700 

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X

Monitor: HP OMEN 25 144hz

RAM: 8GB G Skill

Motherboard: MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Storage: 2TB Barracuda

Start-up: Samsung 250GB SSD

Case: Corsair Spec-Omega White

PSU: ThermalTake 750W Fully Modular RGB

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition X Chroma V2

Mouse: Razer Deathadder / Logitech G502

Speakers: Logitech Z200 White / Beats Earphones

14 minutes ago, randomname123 said:

Not only this, but when I would be about to replace the monitor, would the ssd size and hard drive size on my pc be completely wiped, so I'd have my original 2tb hdd and 250gb ssd to use for boot and storage on my new monitor? Or will I have to partition it, wipe it or do something on my current monitor to utilize all of the space that is on my current monitor.

I am thinking of purchasing this monitor if in worst case scenario, I replace it.

https://www.umart.com.au/MSI-Optix-G27C2-27--1920x1080-144Hz-LCD-Curved-Gaming-Monitor_41241G.html

Wait what? why ssd and hdd wiped from switching a monitor?

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

The monitor is only an output. You can change your monitor as often as you want without consequences for your system other than different hardware usage (different refresh rates and resolution).

54 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

Wait what? why ssd and hdd wiped from switching a monitor?

What I mean is that currently 300gb / 2tb is used from games, videos etc on my monitor.

If I get a new monitor, will it come with a flashed hdd so with 2tb new, or with 1.7 tb.

CPU: Intel i7-8700 

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X

Monitor: HP OMEN 25 144hz

RAM: 8GB G Skill

Motherboard: MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Storage: 2TB Barracuda

Start-up: Samsung 250GB SSD

Case: Corsair Spec-Omega White

PSU: ThermalTake 750W Fully Modular RGB

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition X Chroma V2

Mouse: Razer Deathadder / Logitech G502

Speakers: Logitech Z200 White / Beats Earphones

how a ssd or a hdd is plug to the monitor?, If you rma the monitor you dont need to rma ssd or hdd... 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.