World of Warcraft 1440p

Ishtar

Hello all, if you look up my first thread it shows my pc

specs (on a phone so i cant link it) ((phone forum noob/warrior)) 

but my cpu is a OC 8086k, until the 2080s come out

ill be using my little brothers old 7970 radeon xfx ghost 3gb edition graphics card on my asus p34q ultrawide monitor... 

1st question with shadows off and a few tweaks ( but still trying to stay ultra) will it run decent FPS? (60 ish) not Dalaran or 25 mans.. but dungeons and BGs open world

Should i go the best buy 14 day return policy on a 1070 then return it on day 14 and have some1 else buy 1 for 14 days return it etc until Asus flagship 2080 comes out and buy it in a month? 

That is rather a dick move abusing the policy just so that u can play it at 1440  on a decent FPS.
Just use the 7970 with low graphics and you can still run raids.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

2 minutes ago, mikedrewsmy said:

That is rather a dick move abusing the policy just so that u can play it at 1440  on a decent FPS.
Just use the 7970 with low graphics and you can still run raids.

@mikedrewsmy i know it is... but i can justify it doing what i do for a living i know im a decent person and my Karma will even out on the plus side at the end of the day. Week momth or year.

Any experience with the actual card or ultrawide stresses? Thanks for the reply!!! :) 

12 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

@mikedrewsmy i know it is... but i can justify it doing what i do for a living i know im a decent person and my Karma will even out on the plus side at the end of the day. Week momth or year.

Make sure bestbuy isnt one of those stores that tracks returns (I think it is) otherwise you could be banned from any returns. I know you said have someone else buy it, but come on would you want to ruin someone elses chances of returning a big ticket item they need too?

https://www.businessinsider.com/stores-that-track-returns-list-2018-3

Seriously dick move though.

5 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

Make sure bestbuy isnt one of those stores that tracks returns (I think it is) otherwise you could be banned from any returns. I know you said have someone else buy it, but come on would you want to ruin someone elses chances of returning a big ticket item they need too?

https://www.businessinsider.com/stores-that-track-returns-list-2018-3

Seriously dick move though.

@lieder1987 Ya it tracks, asks for ID etc thats why i would use multiple people also thats why i would go 1070 and not 1080 (dont want to take the best from some1 else) and i would make sure there was multiple 1070s in stock at said store. (Im not completely heartless)

I could always buy a 1060... use it for a week see what it benchs on my system at and performs... return... upgrade to 1070 rinse and repeat and claim im doing research for what would be my optimal gpu to use for my pc with said games and programs.. ... without overspending... but i would be lying to myself and everyone else if that were the case.. I’ll own up to what im doing... still dont cheat on my taxes and recycle at the end of the day. 

Thanks for the reply!! Any experience with ultrawides and how taxing WoW  is on an old card like that? :) 

7 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Any experience with the actual card or ultrawide stresses? Thanks for the reply!!! :) 

If you have to justify abusing return policies, you aren't a good person. 

might as well take advantage of it 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

3 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

If you have to justify abusing return policies, you aren't a good person. 

Let me rephrase that... 2018 feelings get hurt... better than most people.