My first pc build as a 15 year old

Hi im a 15 year old about to buy all my components for my first gaming pc. I was thinking on getting an AMD 2600x cpu with a gtx 1070ti. Im guessing that since the 2600x has 6 cores just like the i7 8600k, and both run at 3.6 ghz. That I will get around the same performance from both processors? All I really want to do is game and livestream maybe edit once in a while. Is that enough to accomplish that? I just need more help and backup on building my first pc since im sorta on a budget. Lemme know with any ideas or anything to help. Thanks! Oh and also a little help on wheter I should water cool or if im fine with fans.

-Moved to New Builds and Planning-

Here's a compare list between the 8600K and 2600x: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X/3941vs3956. If you're going to be gaming and streaming, I would definitely recommend getting Ryzen due to more cores which will help streamline your streaming experience.

You'll want 16GB of RAM minimum for gaming and streaming as well.

Watercooling usually isn't necessary unless you're overclocking. The Wraith Spire cooler(AMD's stock cooler for Ryzen) is a good enough cooler that should be able to handle most of what you throw at it for a while before needing an upgrade.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Because of your youth I want to provide some in depth advice:

1. Wait for the new GPUs we should hear something very soon. (August 2018) Dont buy yet prices may  just drop.

2. If you see a good deal on DDR4 Ram from a reputable company with a good replacement warranty purchase it quickly (test it on a friends rig once you receive it) dont wait. at least 16gb worth between two modules.

3. If you see a good deal on a 80+ Gold modular power supply of 600w and up purchase it (assuming you know what size case you want) ATX and SFX are your choices.

4. Decide what CPU will do what is is you want it to do (IE: ONLY-Gaming, Gaming&Editing, Gaming&Streaming, Etc) Research if AMD Ryzen or Intel will suit your needs best. Consider security vulnerabilities on both of those platforms and how it will affect your real-world performance when things need to be patched against threats like Spectre or Meltdown.

5. Research what form factor motherboard and case will best suit your needs do you need something small and compact yet with limited or no expandability? Or will it be a static tower that will grow in functionality and purpose over time? And weigh the $costs$ of both paths.

6. Consider that technology is always progressing and consider if that matters to you or not and whether you want upgrade specific components of your build (selecting upgrade paths) or completely rebuild your system over time (save, purchase, build again). 

7. Once you have your system built and you're buying games PLEASE PLEASE put two factor authentication on your gaming accounts so that they are not stolen because IT WILL HAPPEN to you, its just a matter of when it will happen. PC games over time become a hefty monetary investment. Dont Be Lazy/Negligent Just Protect it. Use *other sites* (ask others or google) to save money on games or buy them directly from reputable sources like steam or blizzard if you are unsure. 

8. Dont throw away your motherboard boxes or the plastic protector that covers the cpu pins on the motherboard so you can RMA the board whenever necessary. Test all components upon receiving them. And redeem any rebates immediately before they expire. Register your products if necessary. Take pictures of serial numbers. 

9. Save your motherboard BIOS when given the option to do so *just in case* and preferably purchase a UFC battery to connect so you can safely flash the BIOS when necessary.

10. Don't save sensitive personal information on your computer (Social Security #s, Credit Card #s, Damaging Personal Images, Account Passwords, Etc.) Use old-school pen and paper or a flashdrive connected to an offline (preferably old computer) to write down things you need to remember but do not want to share.

11. Use Proxys/Paid VPNs when downloading anything you feel you may want anonimity for. Turn off your PSU switch (located directly on the PSU) when away from home for long durations or during electrical storms. And finally dont do things your goverment deems illegal not even in a joking manner. 

12. Get an Ultra Wide or dual screen setup at some point because it always helps.

*JUST 12 Points of wisdom*

21 hours ago, Boxing Kitten said:

Because of your youth I want to provide some in depth advice:

1. Wait for the new GPUs we should hear something very soon. (August 2018) Dont buy yet prices may  just drop.

2. If you see a good deal on DDR4 Ram from a reputable company with a good replacement warranty purchase it quickly (test it on a friends rig once you receive it) dont wait. at least 16gb worth between two modules.

3. If you see a good deal on a 80+ Gold modular power supply of 600w and up purchase it (assuming you know what size case you want) ATX and SFX are your choices.

4. Decide what CPU will do what is is you want it to do (IE: ONLY-Gaming, Gaming&Editing, Gaming&Streaming, Etc) Research if AMD Ryzen or Intel will suit your needs best. Consider security vulnerabilities on both of those platforms and how it will affect your real-world performance when things need to be patched against threats like Spectre or Meltdown.

5. Research what form factor motherboard and case will best suit your needs do you need something small and compact yet with limited or no expandability? Or will it be a static tower that will grow in functionality and purpose over time? And weigh the $costs$ of both paths.

6. Consider that technology is always progressing and consider if that matters to you or not and whether you want upgrade specific components of your build (selecting upgrade paths) or completely rebuild your system over time (save, purchase, build again). 

7. Once you have your system built and you're buying games PLEASE PLEASE put two factor authentication on your gaming accounts so that they are not stolen because IT WILL HAPPEN to you, its just a matter of when it will happen. PC games over time become a hefty monetary investment. Dont Be Lazy/Negligent Just Protect it. Use *other sites* (ask others or google) to save money on games or buy them directly from reputable sources like steam or blizzard if you are unsure. 

8. Dont throw away your motherboard boxes or the plastic protector that covers the cpu pins on the motherboard so you can RMA the board whenever necessary. Test all components upon receiving them. And redeem any rebates immediately before they expire. Register your products if necessary. Take pictures of serial numbers. 

9. Save your motherboard BIOS when given the option to do so *just in case* and preferably purchase a UFC battery to connect so you can safely flash the BIOS when necessary.

10. Don't save sensitive personal information on your computer (Social Security #s, Credit Card #s, Damaging Personal Images, Account Passwords, Etc.) Use old-school pen and paper or a flashdrive connected to an offline (preferably old computer) to write down things you need to remember but do not want to share.

11. Use Proxys/Paid VPNs when downloading anything you feel you may want anonimity for. Turn off your PSU switch (located directly on the PSU) when away from home for long durations or during electrical storms. And finally dont do things your goverment deems illegal not even in a joking manner. 

12. Get an Ultra Wide or dual screen setup at some point because it always helps.

*JUST 12 Points of wisdom*

Thanks man appreciate the time and effort you took for these suggestions. Appreciated very much.

23 hours ago, jimmyshadow1 said:

What is your budget?

1,500 but I can do less or more preferably less since I do need to buy a monitor.

On 8/5/2018 at 10:18 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

-Moved to New Builds and Planning-

Here's a compare list between the 8600K and 2600x: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X/3941vs3956. If you're going to be gaming and streaming, I would definitely recommend getting Ryzen due to more cores which will help streamline your streaming experience.

You'll want 16GB of RAM minimum for gaming and streaming as well.

Watercooling usually isn't necessary unless you're overclocking. The Wraith Spire cooler(AMD's stock cooler for Ryzen) is a good enough cooler that should be able to handle most of what you throw at it for a while before needing an upgrade.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it very much, but what do u recommend between a Ryzen 2600x and i7 8700k?

48 minutes ago, Angel99t said:

Thanks for the info I appreciate it very much, but what do u recommend between a Ryzen 2600x and i7 8700k?

If you can afford it, 8700K all the way. If you're on a tighter budget, 2600(non-x, allows you to have a bigger budget for faster RAM, better GPU, etc).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If you can afford it, 8700K all the way. If you're on a tighter budget, 2600(non-x, allows you to have a bigger budget for faster RAM, better GPU, etc).

What about a ryzen 2700x or i7 8700k?