PC won't stay asleep due to Ethernet

MrPizza0021

Yesterday I hooked my PC up to my router, via Ethernet cable, and the problem I am having is that when i put my PC to sleep, it will wake back up before my monitor can even turn off. I know this problem is being caused by the Ethernet, because I unplugged it and the PC remained asleep. I have gone into device manager and turned off the "allow this device to wake you PC option off." The computer will remain off if I shut it down, the problem only happens when the Ethernet cable is plugged in and I put the computer to sleep. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Running Windows 10 pro 64bit.

Disable Wake on LAN in BIOS.

Check the Wake on LAN option in the BIOS as mentioned above.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You have to go into your BIOS and disable the Wake on LAN feature.

I am unable to find this in my bios, would it possibly be called something else, I have an older bios. The bios I have is from a 2010 Dell t5400.

1 minute ago, MrPizza0021 said:

I am unable to find this in my bios, would it possibly be called something else, I have an older bios. The bios I have is from a 2010 Dell t5400.

It might be called something else, but it should be something along those lines.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, MrPizza0021 said:

I found "remote wake up" with the options of off, on,  and on with boot to nic. This is set to off, so I assume that means it can not be powered on by the Ethernet cable.