Blurry Youtube uploads

So i'm about to give up here,  have been trying to upload a 5 minute long video clip to YouTube all day but it just gets blurry every time.  I use the Vegas movie studio platinum 15 to make the movie clip and the files comes off my GoPro.

I record in 1080p 60fps, my project / import settings in Vegas are set to " match media settings". I have tried to render with the recommended settings + all sorts of settings people on the web recommend for YouTube, I have also tried to render it through HandBrake with different H264 settings.

No matter what I try the movie is blurry after YouTube is done with it.

Anyone have any suggestions ? 

left picture is how the clip looks like on my computer, the right one is when YouTube is done with it.

Screenshot (2).png

I don't have a straight answer to your question but what i noticed from using vegas is that i won't touch it again - i had similar problems with either comp sizes, quality issues or whatever the case was. I switched to After Effects or premiere, where you render your project with Adobe Media Encoder and my output is perfect. If you have a chance to try the Adobe suite, After Effects needs a lot of getting used to, Premiere is simple and in Media Encoder, all you have to do is drag in the project,select youtube 1080p and hit export.

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

1. Compression. YouTube compresses the shit out of videos.

2. Upscaling 1080p60 video playback on YouTube up to 1440p doesn't help the way it looks at all.

3 hours ago, Thunderzzu said:

I don't have a straight answer to your question but what i noticed from using vegas is that i won't touch it again - i had similar problems with either comp sizes, quality issues or whatever the case was. I switched to After Effects or premiere, where you render your project with Adobe Media Encoder and my output is perfect. If you have a chance to try the Adobe suite, After Effects needs a lot of getting used to, Premiere is simple and in Media Encoder, all you have to do is drag in the project,select youtube 1080p and hit export.

I've never had a single issue with getting good video quality out of Vegas, so I dunno what's up in that case.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

So I have now tried adobe premiere with different settings included the default 1080p YouTube render setting and it didn't change a thing. 

The video clip is crystal clear on my pc but when YouTube is done with it it's still blurry.   I have also tried a different computer with the same result.

Can it be that my router is messing with the file when I upload it?   I haven't had any problems with uploads earlier so this sucks 

18 hours ago, InsufficientSleep said:

Can it be that my router is messing with the file when I upload it?   I haven't had any problems with uploads earlier so this sucks

It's not router. Router just delegates TCP packages onwards. What do you mean by "earlier"?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Did you also wait for the video to finish transcoding your video completely? Normally when you upload a 1080p video, YouTube transcodes it to each of the viewable resolutions (240p, 360p, 480p, etc.) until it gets up to the resolution you uploaded to it. This can take anywhere from 15 minutes to at max 2 hours.

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It's not router. Router just delegates TCP packages onwards. What do you mean by "earlier"?

I have uploaded a few videos before without any problems.

1 minute ago, InsufficientSleep said:

I have uploaded a few videos before without any problems.

Can you link to video which has this issue? The no-YT links policy has exception for situations where video is needed for troubleshooting purposes.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

53 minutes ago, HunterAP said:

Did you also wait for the video to finish transcoding your video completely? Normally when you upload a 1080p video, YouTube transcodes it to each of the viewable resolutions (240p, 360p, 480p, etc.) until it gets up to the resolution you uploaded to it. This can take anywhere from 15 minutes to at max 2 hours.

yes, I did wait until I had the 1080p resolution.   I did a re-upload in were I took the 1080p video and rendered it as 1440p before uploading it.  That did wonders but still not 100% ,  as soon as I select 1080p the problem is back 

13 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Can you link to video which has this issue? The no-YT links policy has exception for situations where video is needed for troubleshooting purposes.

It's quite blurry at 1080p , much better at 1440p. 

3 minutes ago, InsufficientSleep said:

It's quite blurry at 1080p , much better at 1440p. 

Yeah, thats really bad. Its like Youtube has taken major part of your bitrate and threw it to trash. Sadly I haven't had camera for recording higher than 720p30. So my videos looks just as blurry in YT as they do in VLC with 20k bitrate (24k before encoding with Resolves YT preset). Maybe try with double bitrate. It probably kills your upload, but for testing maybe worth it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

32 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yeah, thats really bad. Its like Youtube has taken major part of your bitrate and threw it to trash. Sadly I haven't had camera for recording higher than 720p30. So my videos looks just as blurry in YT as they do in VLC with 20k bitrate (24k before encoding with Resolves YT preset). Maybe try with double bitrate. It probably kills your upload, but for testing maybe worth it.

27 minutes ago, HunterAP said:

Just to make sure, what bitrate is the video you upload? YouTube says that for 108p/60fps you'd want 12Mbps for that video.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

You can always try setting the "target bitrate" to something higher than that, as it could actually be YT's compression being really bad on your video.

I will keep testing different bit rates and settings.  I have tried stuff from 10Mbps to 50Mbps with variable bitrate and with constant bitrate. 

So I have tried about everything, I  even went out and made a few more test videos. 1080p looks blurry on all of the videos after uploading it to YouTube.

The best quality and the least amount of blur is when I upload in something higher than 1080p.  So guess I'm gonna start record and upload in 4K from now on.