PC won't start

MasonJarr

Hi everyone,

So late last night I went to reassemble my computer and forgot it I had done so on carpet because I was so tired/stressed after a long day.  I went to turn on the PC, and the fans all turned on but my graphics card lights did not turn on and my monitor said they it was not connected to anything.  Additionally, my motherboard's "EZ debug LED" light feature has the DRAM light on, and then switches for a brief moment to CPU before returning to DRAM (with my graphics card plugged in).  

What I had been doing earlier in the day was attempting to switch out an old CPU with a new CPU, only to discoverer the new CPU was incompatible with my current motherboard, as I was told in this thread here.  Fearing the worst, I went and connected my graphics card to a second computer of mine, and the computer did not read it.  I would test the RAM on the second computer but its motherboard only supports DDR3 RAM.  

I fear that I may have shocked my motherboard and ruined everything connected to it, but would love some feedback/advice and any ideas I could use to diagnose the problem.  I'm fairly new to PCs and am rather flustered over the problem.  

With warm regards,

Mason Jarr