A conflict?

printf_cyber

Hey Guys!

I recently installed Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit on my PC that already had 32bit Windows 7 Professional, now I made a mistake and Installed the Win10 custom on a separate partition instead of upgrading the Win7 and having Win10 replace Win7, and now, I can't access some files that are in my folders in a separate data partition that has all the games and stuff. Windows 7 reads them just as good as they are, but Windows 10 doesn't show it up!!! 

I do not want to dual boot and want to uninstall Windows 7, and just keep Windows 10, but then I am afraid the files that aren't being tread may be locked forever :( 

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when I try to open the files that ARE there in Windows 10, a prompt says that 'I don't currently have the permission to access this folder' and then when I continue, it prompts again and says 'I have been denied permission to access this folder' and says that I need to use the 'security tab (hyperlinked)' to gain access to the folder...I even have the password of the old win7 user and the username too, and I am okay if it asks for it...

Help,

Basil

You could use a live boot Ubuntu USB stick to copy the files from your win 7 folders to your win 10 folders (permissions don't matter in Ubuntu), then you can use a disk partitioning tool (gparted or something) to delete the Windows 7 partition.

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

17 minutes ago, Sayori said:

You could use a live boot Ubuntu USB stick to copy the files from your win 7 folders to your win 10 folders (permissions don't matter in Ubuntu), then you can use a disk partitioning tool (gparted or something) to delete the Windows 7 partition.

I have 7 Linux OS including Ubuntu, I'll use it and do as suggested

I'm not fully understand - you didn't see partition of win7 when you're using win10?

start > run > diskmgmt.msc

And add letter to your win7 partition.