gtx 550 ti deal?

The321

i can get a gtx 550 ti for 17,55 dollars would this be a good deal?

It's $17?  Sure I guess, but what do you want to do with it?  It won't play modern games.

@TheGlenlivet i just ask if its a good deal i mean i only play older titles soo the performance isnt that important just something outperforming my intel hd by alot is what i need

10 minutes ago, The321 said:

@TheGlenlivet i just ask if its a good deal i mean i only play older titles soo the performance isnt that important just something outperforming my intel hd by alot is what i need

Because it's so old, prices are all over the place, but $17 seems to be well below the average.  Are you sure it works?  If yes, and it fits your needs, then go for it.

@TheGlenlivet i guess i will be happy considering i have intel hd 3000 atm and if i dont like it i could always sell it for at least the same i paid for it and buy a better one right?

2 minutes ago, The321 said:

@TheGlenlivet i guess i will be happy considering i have intel hd 3000 atm and if i dont like it i could always sell it for at least the same i paid for it and buy a better one right?

OH yeah.  It's a big upgrade to the HD3000.  You could sell it true, but if you have a bigger budget now, I'd try and get a 750TI or better.  

Since I gona pick up a Gtx 550 ti this Friday for a good price I had something crazy on my mind. What if I took my aio 240 mm and put it on the Gpu with cooling for the vrms too.

How high would it oc than ?

I don't really see the point. It's an old GPU and placing and AIO on it may boost performance by max. 15-20% while OC'd. Remember, aside from the GPU core there are other components to cool on the card's PCB, it's not only chip that produces the heat. :)

16 minutes ago, The321 said:

Since I gona pick up a Gtx 550 ti this Friday for a good price I had something crazy on my mind. What if I took my aio 240 mm and put it on the Gpu with cooling for the vrms too.

How high would it oc than ?

Still gotta work within the limits of how much power can you push through the card and if the components can take the higher speeds. Temperatures arent everything, if that was the case any processor would hit 8ghz on liquid nitrogen.

Not worth it unless you just want to do a liquid cooled 550ti for funsies.  You could probably get another 10 percent without changing the voltage or cooling.  You'll probably still reach voltage limits before the thermal because it was a mid range card at the time with similar cooling as the upper range fermis iirc. 

@Biggerboot but can't you change the voltage on this card ? And from 918 mhz up to how much can I get ?

2 minutes ago, The321 said:

@Biggerboot but can't you change the voltage on this card ? And from 918 mhz up to how much can I get ?

I did update my post a bit to clarify.  Basically I'd install afterburner and try incremental increases to see what's stable.  But figure on a 10-20% increase when you're done.

Why... just why. And if anyone is asking, I've tried doing 550Ti SLI at one point and it virtually did nothing 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580