gpu 2 temp issues

i have recently run into an issue where when using crossfire my gpu 2 temp and usage register as 0 on monitoring software, like in msi afterburner and GPU temp. However turning of crossfire through CCC fixes the issue and shows the real temp of gpu2. Ive run some benchmarks and both cards seems to be working fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? 

thanks

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Are you running the latest beta drivers?

no im running 13.12 full release 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

make sure that you are using all the latest versions of the gpu dirver and afterburner

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Try the beta drivers. That may fix the issue. Also what cards are they?

Using Tapatalk

make sure that you are using all the latest versions of the gpu dirver and afterburner

yes and yes 

Try the beta drivers. That may fix the issue. Also what cards are they?

ok ill give it a go, and r9 280x, vapour x 

ok so changing drives had no affect, anybody got any other ideas? 

try exchanged GPU1 PCIe for the GPU2 PCIe

and run two GPU-Z (to check each GPU temp)

i have recently run into an issue where when using crossfire my gpu 2 temp and usage register as 0 on monitoring software, like in msi afterburner and GPU temp. However turning of crossfire through CCC fixes the issue and shows the real temp of gpu2. Ive run some benchmarks and both cards seems to be working fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? 

thanks

Are you seeing the 0C reported temp under load too? Because at idle it is a power saving feature and not a problem.

CCC has a power saving feature where it turns off the second GPU when idling and when it is turned off to save power the sensors are off aswell and will not report temperature.

Also CCC will downclock the GPU1 to save power when idling.

I got experience with Tri-Fire 7970's and Crossfire 290's. In both cases all but one GPU (the one with displays connected) will drop to power saving off state very soon after there is no load on them. In Tri-Fire two cards out of three will register 0C temps when idling until they get some work to do.

With 290's the second GPU will drop to off state almost immediately after entering idle state and again temp sensors report 0C at idle and when they get work to do the temp sensors work normally.

Ohh yeah and the drivers I run are 13.12, but this power saving thing has been going on for like a year now. If you are seeing 0C temps at load then you have a problem.

Also make sure that you are running a benchmark that makes use of Crossfire. For some reason Unigine benchmarks don't always run on both GPU's, but only use one.

Test with a few games also.

I'm using Open Hardware Monitor to log my temps and core loads etc. You can enable a plot to keep track of things.