Help me diagnose.

coLe.tv

so recently ive been rubber banding really bad sometimes while playing games. My ping will be at 30 ms and every 5 seconds it shoots up to 300-2000 ms. i tried pluging my cable from the modem straight into the pc but that didn't help so im guessing it has to be the line? I talked to my isp and they said everything seemed fine and they thought i needed a new router but i wasnt sure?

Thanks

1 hour ago, coLe.tv said:

so recently ive been rubber banding really bad sometimes while playing games. My ping will be at 30 ms and every 5 seconds it shoots up to 300-2000 ms. i tried pluging my cable from the modem straight into the pc but that didn't help so im guessing it has to be the line? I talked to my isp and they said everything seemed fine and they thought i needed a new router but i wasnt sure?

Thanks

Sounds like there might be an ARP Storm or something like that.
Are you using multiple routers/switches and is there a loop somewhere (also take wifi into consideration).
Else use a program like Microsoft Message Analyzer (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44226) and make a log of the traffic (especially just before and after this peak) and see if anything weird pops up.

Is it a modem or a modem/router combo?  If its a plain modem then obviously this is not a router issue, although it could be a modem issue.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7