OC'd 8600K Owners - What Voltages?

Hey all once again, I'm back to remedy my overclock itch and so I'm now on the climb from 4.4GHz up to currently 4.6GHz, and then 4.8GHz in the future, perhaps.

With overclocks, voltages are just as important, so I was wondering to all the 8600K owners who have specifically overclocked to somewhere between the region of 4.4-4.8GHz, what's the safest voltages you people can manage?

When I was on 4.4GHz, I was able to do 1.2V no problem, and I've just followed that with 4.6GHz where I'm still running 1.2V. I can't tell if I'm damaging my components in any way, so I'd like some insights as to what voltages I should be running at.

Extra question: 5GHz, what voltage is safe? I think if I remember correctly when I ran 5GHz for ten minutes, I was on 1.35V, but I cannot remember for certain.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Typically no more then 1.4v but anything 1.3 and under theirs nothing to worry about. 

That's with all Intel new gem stuff. 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

2 minutes ago, O9B0666 said:

Typically no more then 1.4v but anything 1.3 and under theirs nothing to worry about. 

I would never push more than 1.35V on my CPU not matter what, too risky and hot. What do you think the minimum realistic running voltage would be for a 4.5GHz OC?

rn mine is @4.8 with 1.28V

4.4 = 1.24

4.5 = 1.26

4.7 = 1.27

I can do 5GHz with 1.33V but I don't really need it plus core temps are too high.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

2 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

n mine is @4.8 with 1.28V

4.4 = 1.24

4.5 = 1.26

4.7 = 1.27

I can do 5GHz with 1.33V but I don't really need it plus core temps are too high.

Those are some unconvential voltage increments but I like it. I haven't tried 5GHz on my new CPU cooler actually, and since you say you've ran 1.33V for 5GHz, me running 1.35V for 5GHz sounds right. I'm not sure how much of a temperature difference 0.02V will yield, though.

1.3 for 5ghz, i can reach higher but temps start getting sketchy like 95c at 1.35v

11 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

1.3 for 5ghz, i can reach higher but temps start getting sketchy like 95c at 1.35v

Oh boy, I think the max I ever got on 5GHz 1.35V was 70°C. A part of me thinks 1.3V won't be enough given my sketchy motherboard VRMs.

16 minutes ago, seoz said:

Oh boy, I think the max I ever got on 5GHz 1.35V was 70°C. A part of me thinks 1.3V won't be enough given my sketchy motherboard VRMs.

1.35v at what clockspeed? I may have lost the silicon lottery

30 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

1.35v at what clockspeed? I may have lost the silicon lottery

I don't think I understand what you mean by clock speed there. It was a 5GHz 1.35V run and I got 70°C max, surprisingly with a crappy little Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo... Never that cooler again.

3 minutes ago, seoz said:

I don't think I understand what you mean by clock speed there. It was a 5GHz 1.35V run and I got 70°C max, surprisingly with a crappy little Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo... Never that cooler again.

i get 75c at 5ghz with a 280mm aio ?

1 hour ago, seoz said:

I would never push more than 1.35V on my CPU not matter what, too risky and hot. What do you think the minimum realistic running voltage would be for a 4.5GHz OC?

My cpu with 5.2 ghz doesn't even touch 80c I wouldn't worry so much about Temps. From your voltages to clocks so far I don't see 4.7-4.8 being a thermal issue. 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

• 1 year later...

My god. I only get 4.6ghz with like 1.35v but apex is crashing and I'm not sure if it's due to the overclock or something else. I set it to 4.7ghz at 1.37v let's see how it does