setting up true DMZ

R click
Go to solution Solved by Alex Atkin UK,

Unless your ISP has given you a subnet of public IP addresses (which is unlikely for free, seeing as they are so short on supply these days), you can't.

how to do so :P and will i be able to set a different public IP address to the DMZ. thanks :D

What do you want to achieve?

What router do you have?

No you will not be able to assign a separate public IP address if your ISP only gives you one.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

What router do you have?

A true dmz is just a segment that can't initiate connections back into the rest of your network.  

You'd need some network gear capable of acl and vlans.  As you're probably aware the 'dmz' feature of most home routers only port forwards inbound connections to a single host which isn't a true dmz.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

A true DMZ would need a subnet of public IP addresses from your ISP.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

16 hours ago, beersykins said:

What router do you have?

i honestly dont know whats the name of the router its nowhere written on the router and when I go to 192.168.1.1 and log in it doesnt show the name ik its not D-Link or TP Link but I think i might have to call my ISP on that one xD 

16 hours ago, beersykins said:

You'd need some network gear capable of acl and vlans

can you elaborate more on this? 

20 hours ago, Lurick said:

What do you want to achieve?

nothing really i just wanna try it out for the sake of fun xD idk i have a very weird router its name is nowhere to be found and when i go to 192.168.1.1 it redirects me to /cgi-bin/wwwctrl.cgi?action=home. when I put that in google it brings up nothing. even when i log in i looked everywhere i count find any name

Unless your ISP has given you a subnet of public IP addresses (which is unlikely for free, seeing as they are so short on supply these days), you can't.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7