Motherboard bent a little bit out of the box... working 100% fine.

Go to solution Solved by Tabs,
29 minutes ago, oferk99 said:

I build my first PC month ago and my Asus x470-f was a little bit bent/curved out of the box, I don't know why I ignore it until now...

My PC is worked 100% fine (it almost been a month since I built it, or maybe exactly a month), is it something to be concern with?

Modern motherboards are generally made up of fiberglass and multiple sheets of copper traces - both of these materials are flexible enough to deal with expansion and contraction due to heat and humidity, and therefore can bend if left in one place for an extended period of time without supports.

The short answer is - this is perfectly normal, as long as the board was gently curved instead of sharply bent. You'll find that the board will be flatter after a few months of use as it will have been straightened out by the mounting pins on your case.

I build my first PC month ago and my Asus x470-f was a little bit bent/curved out of the box, I don't know why I ignore it until now...

My PC is worked 100% fine (it almost been a month since I built it, or maybe exactly a month), is it something to be concern with?

10 minutes ago, oferk99 said:

until you have problems dont worry about it

29 minutes ago, oferk99 said:

Modern motherboards are generally made up of fiberglass and multiple sheets of copper traces - both of these materials are flexible enough to deal with expansion and contraction due to heat and humidity, and therefore can bend if left in one place for an extended period of time without supports.

The short answer is - this is perfectly normal, as long as the board was gently curved instead of sharply bent. You'll find that the board will be flatter after a few months of use as it will have been straightened out by the mounting pins on your case.