Corruption

Go to solution Solved by seagate_surfer,

Recuva allows you to recover files created by yourself (pictures, music, documents, video and others) system files may still be displayed and listed after the scan but the idea is to grab what's needed and re-partition the hard drive.

Image result for recuva files

Last night my laptop shutdown suddenly, when I rebooted the drive was not recognized at all. I pulled the drive out and put it into my desktop and ran minitool, which found the partations as "lost" and wanted to charge me 69$ to have it recovered... is there a better way to recover this data, or should I just use a windows media creation tool, and write the data off as a loss? The drive itself is fine and windows media tool cant even repair the OS.

Hello mpt50,

Use Recuve to save your files and re-partition the unit. This type of problems are more related to problems with the boot files of the operating system and you can try to repair the boot record but if can just do a back up and reinstall it may save you some time: 

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

Recuva allows you to recover files created by yourself (pictures, music, documents, video and others) system files may still be displayed and listed after the scan but the idea is to grab what's needed and re-partition the hard drive.

Image result for recuva files

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, TopHatProductions115 said:

Have you tried booting into PE/Recovery yet, to see if the NTFS partition can be recovered?

I guess this was the first step, not exactly running the Windows PE (WinPE) but running the windows media tool. I checked the technologies based on Windows PE and as per documentation from MS the Windows Recovery Environment, Windows Setup, Diagnostic and Recovery Toolset are based on WinPE. These tools are included in the windows media tool, I would assume that the commands/repair tools from WinPE and media tool would be the same: