CCTV Camera Problems

FaiL___

Hi, my parents just bought a shop and there was already a CCTV system in place (sorta). They had 3 cameras in the store and were all plugged in, with 1 as a spare, they did not know how to view them or record them though. There is a USB DVR wireless adapter for them, but I cannot figure out how to use it. I have tried downloading drivers to something that looked like the cameras in question, but that software tells me that I need Windows Media Player 9 or higher, I have checked and I am running version 12, so should be no problems, but alas, still an error message. Both the camera and USB DVR adapter have blue LEDs indicating that they are powered on. In "Bluetooth and other devices" in the Windows 10 setting (and also in device manager), I can see a device called digital wireless camera, but the only option I have with it, is to remove it. Pls help.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Find that spare camera and find the label on it that dictates what model it is. You should be able to look it up on the manufacturers website from there and find the exact instruction manual for setting up the cameras. If it tells you you'll need media player 9+ to run the software you can uninstall & reinstall the latest version of media player. Alternatively you can install an older version to see if it's a compatibility issue. The latest version of a software does not guarantee backwards compatibility.