6gb/s or 3gb/s with two ssd on raid 0

RobertoDelgado

Hi there. I have the ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme motherboard and was wondering if it's faster in the gaming division with two Intel 520 SSD's on raid 0 through the 3gb/s ports or a single 520 SSD through the 6gb/s port on the motherboard. Since the motherboard does not support raid configuration through the two 6gb/s ports i'm debating on which to go with? And since we are at it would it be better to add 6x4gb ram, 3x4gb ram, or 6x2gb ram. The motherboard supports triple channel configuration but I keep hearing that adding all the slots with 4gb ram will hinder it and that it's best to either go with three four gigabit or even six two gigabit cards. I'm planning to go with 1600hz speed or 18..., P.S. I do plan on O.C. and will have suffisent cooling capabilities,,,,,YAY watercooling!

Single SSD would be better.  It doesn't actually affect gaming performance though.

3x4GB of RAM would be my pick.  DDR3 1600 is also fine, RAM doesn't really affect gaming performance either.  I don't think filling all the slots will hinder anything.

So the single SSD on six gigabit per second port would also be a faster boot up than the two on raid at three gigabit per second? And why would you go with the 12gb ram and no't the 24 if nothing will be hindered?

So the single SSD on six gigabit per second port would also be a faster boot up than the two on raid at three gigabit per second? And why would you go with the 12gb ram and no't the 24 if nothing will be hindered?

the single 6 gb/s would be best

and most ssd nowadays can saturate the 6 gb/s bus no problem, hence why i am waiting for pcie ssd to become the norm

and as for 12gb you wouldn't need more ram for video games, unless you are video rendering or workstation style operations