Change For honor from using dedicated GPU to integrated GPU

OBCTGamer
Go to solution Solved by xAcid9,

try disable your dGPU in device manager. 

A few days back my dedicated GPU fan died (msi gs70). This means even though the graphics card works, it has no cooling and will overheat in a matter of minutes. The CPU fan still works and I am able to use my integrated graphics to run some of my games (in potato mode ofcourse). However, For honor refuses to use the integrated CPU. I have tried changing the settings in nvidia's control panel. I have tried running the game with the integrated GPU (by right clicking icon). I have also tried running uplay with integrated GPU  as well but everytime I open the game and check the graphics settings, the game uses the dedicated GPU. I'm hoping that someone knows how to change this.

get a new fan and replace it? ebay is pretty good with parts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-For-MSI-GS70-2PE-GS70-2QE-GS70-ONC-CPU-fan-PAAD06015SL-N184-N229-N346-/142845293530?oid=222520168294

this, of course, is only if you feel comfortable opening up your laptop for doing repairs. if not, you probably want to contact MSI or the place you bought it, and see how much repairs will cost.

try disable your dGPU in device manager. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, tzxazrael said:

get a new fan and replace it? ebay is pretty good with parts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-For-MSI-GS70-2PE-GS70-2QE-GS70-ONC-CPU-fan-PAAD06015SL-N184-N229-N346-/142845293530?oid=222520168294

this, of course, is only if you feel comfortable opening up your laptop for doing repairs. if not, you probably want to contact MSI or the place you bought it, and see how much repairs will cost.

oh I already have a replacement fan on the way.. but due to where I live its about a month away, and it kind of sucks to have your hardware break down just as you get a new game.