Nvidia Drivers (nvlddmkm) Crashing

KhaosHamm3r

Hello there mates.

Really new here so be nice please :)

In the last month I am experiencing some trouble that came out of the blue...

Last year I have built a new pc which specs are:

Windows 10 64-bit Version 1803

i7 7700k

NZXT x52 Kraken

Asus Maximus ix hero (BIOS Version 1301)

Asus Rog Strix 1080ti

16gb Corsair RGB ram 2400mhz

Samsung SSD Evo 850 m.2

Samsung 1tb SSD (Who's model I forgot)

WD Caviar Black 1tb

Seagate Barracuda 2.5tb

Seasonic 650W Gold Modular PSU

And everything leading to the past month has been great.

and recently I have noticed that my nvidia drivers (event log describes nvlddmkm [event id 4101] as the problem) were constantly crashing when playing specifically games.

It does not happen immediately, but after a minute or two of playtime the games just freeze, and then crash along with the nvidia drivers.

I have grown frustrated ever since, and also have check everything I could come up with.. GPU temps and voltages, reinstalled a few versions of nvidia drivers (with help of DDU),

played around with my RAM sticks, tried different PCIE slots on the MB, flashed newer BIOS versions, and then older, Cleaned my GPU pcie contacts, reinstalled windows wiping clean all my drives,

Tried with a fresh windows copy with no windows updates and then with all updates... updated every driver possible on this pc..

and the problem still persists. the only way I can keep gaming is downclocking the GPU with Asus GPU tweak II by 100Mhz in both GPU clock and memory clock.

Also pointing out the the GPU or CPU were never overclocked, and the XMP profile was disabled just to tick this off the list of possible culprits.

I cannot seem to find a way to resolve this, and I start to wonder is my GPU or PSU are dying... I am getting really frustrated now and I need some help.

please lend a hand to a fellow PC gamer!

Thank you and have a great day!