CPU fan error on post during first boot

I just built my first computer and I'm concerned about a post message I received on my first boot. I'm not certain if I plugged the CPU fan in the right spot. I'm getting a CPU fan error message in post. I get the error "CPU Fan error, press F1, to continue". what can I do in the bios settings to fix this problem? I think it's weird that in the bios settings it shows the fan and the fan is spinning so it's definitely detecting it and it's working to some extent. maybe I accidentally plugged it in to one of the wrong fan ports instead of the name CPU fan port? This motherboard has so many fan ports but I'm fairly certain CPU one is labeled and I put it there properly

it's a Asus X99a ii with a Intel 5820k. Cryorig H5 ultimate CPU cooler. In a Fractal Design Define R5. I'm also not certain I plugged in the front panel connectors correctly because pushing the power button on the top didn't work at all. But swishing the power button on the motherboard itself worked. And after that worked there was a blue LED around the power button of the case itself so maybe I partially plugged everything incorrectly?

I'm using a https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BG6CdX

I wish somebody could make a YouTube video showing each individual component getting installed so that I could see for myself if I did everything correctly.

I'm going to use a USB drive to update the bios and hopefully that will fix a lot of things.

You most likely did not plug the CPU fan into the correct header. It should be labeled on the board as CPU_Fan. If that is correct, it is likely the board may be defective as it is not reading the fan. As far as the power button, I've seen people swap the power switch and reset pins when seating the header cables. Verify they are in the correct spots. Consult your motherboard manual for the correct order. Most motherboard also have those labeled as well but, the manual will be easier to read.

EDIT: Should have looked at your board better. In the upper left corner, you have two white fan headers. Your fan should be connected to the second white one, labeled CPU_FAN, not the pump which is the first one from the left.

in the bios it shows the fan spinning, I'll need to look again to make sure it says CPU fan in the bios fan speeds