Suspicious housemate

programm

My housemate always waiting until I return to my room, because while Im in my room - I usually turn on PC.

So it means that housemate somehow benefits when I turn on my PC.

My PC have: network driver not installed, ethernet wire unplugged. I dont share this PC.

Do housemate can benefit from my internetless PC?

Housemate have: iphone; ipad; laptop without admin acc access; access to socket ( to that socket is connected TV adaptors, so I quess that socket has access to ISP anthenna ( on the roof) which provides internet and TV )

I suspect that housemate somehow can use my PC hardware, because everytime I return to my room ( or do not turn on PC for +20minutes ) housemate starts reconnect something like wire or usb - sometimes bashes socket aswell.

What's he plugging in? I'd get a different housemate, for all you know he's plugged in a keylogger and has access to your banking information right now, among other logins.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

What's he plugging in? I'd get a different housemate, for all you know he's plugged in a keylogger and has access to your banking information right now, among other logins.

From sound seems like usb or similar, I dont see - I just hear.

I dont use internet at all. Also house mate dont have physical access to my computer.

youre feeding the paranoia guys, just ask him why hes bashing the socket or whats he doing with the wires

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

6 hours ago, programm said:

From sound seems like usb or similar, I dont see - I just hear.

I dont use internet at all. Also house mate dont have physical access to my computer.

Clearly you use the internet because you made this post...

Also, how do you hear he's plugging stuff in, but you can't see it? You know you can get behind your PC and check the IO, right?

EDIT: Ignore the 7, typo

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 hours ago, Neftex said:

youre feeding the paranoia guys, just ask him why hes bashing the socket or whats he doing with the wires

He is bashing the socket IF I DO NOT TURN ON PC FOR ATLEAST 20 MINUTES, because he "expects something goes wrong", he dont expect I suspect him.

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Clearly you use the internet because you made this post...

Also, how do you hear he's plugging stuff in, but you can't see it? You know you can get behind your PC and check the IO, right?

I use internet when housemate is not in the house.
There is 2 not fat walls, I can hear even when is walking. And distance between our rooms is 2-3 metres.

2 minutes ago, programm said:

He is bashing the socket IF I DO NOT TURN ON PC FOR ATLEAST 20 MINUTES, because he "expects something goes wrong", he dont expect I suspect him.

thats just what YOU think...

you said he doesnt have physical access to your pc and the pc isnt connected to network... how do you think he would be able to set up anything...

I use internet when housemate is not in the house.
There is 2 not fat walls, I can hear even when is walking. And distance between our rooms is 2-3 metres.

How about you check the IO before and after he leaves? Or lock your door?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Neftex said:

thats just what YOU think...

you said he doesnt have physical access to your pc and the pc isnt connected to network... how do you think he would be able to set up anything...

When I said 'physical' - I mean he cant turn on pc and touch mouse+keyboard.

But he may access PC hardware somehow via iphone->Anthenna wires->electric wires->My PC

When I said 'physical' - I mean he cant turn on pc and touch mouse+keyboard.

But he may access PC hardware somehow via iphone->Anthenna wires->electric wires->My PC

But you're saying he's plugging stuff in. Does he have physical access or not?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

How about you check the IO before and after he leaves? Or lock your door?

When I leave my room - yes I Lock it. Then ( once im not in the room ) housemate usually goes to sleep.

But you're saying he's plugging stuff in. Does he have physical access or not?

Direct to PC not. Unless soehow via electric lines or ethernet/TV bubble.

So if he can physically access your PC then it is slightly possible. Next time you boot up then check whether or not there are any programs out of place. If you're that paranoid, then do a nuke and reinstall. Make sure to set basic protection standards (bios/uefi passwords) or just simply lock your door...

3 hours ago, programm said:

When I leave my room - yes I Lock it. Then ( once im not in the room ) housemate usually goes to sleep.

I'm completely lost. From what you're saying, your door is locked, yet somehow your housemate is going into your room at plugging stuff into your computer. You're also saying that he can't touch your computer. Please, organize your thoughts, and make sense before you post. You're just contradicting yourself and confusing people that are trying to help you.

3 hours ago, programm said:

Direct to PC not. Unless soehow via electric lines or ethernet/TV bubble.

But if you're PC is off, like you said it was, then it's impossible.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'm completely lost. From what you're saying, your door is locked, yet somehow your housemate is going into your room at plugging stuff into your computer. You're also saying that he can't touch your computer. Please, organize your thoughts, and make sense before you post. You're just contradicting yourself and confusing people that are trying to help you.

My room door is locked when im not iin my room.
When im in my room - PC is guarded.

He could "touch" my computer only via electric lines or if ISP anthena spreading signals.

My room door is locked when im not iin my room.
When im in my room - PC is guarded.

He could "touch" my computer only via electric lines or if ISP anthena spreading signals.

Well, is anything different with your computer after he supposedly "touches" it? Cause I personally think you're either paranoid, or you should move out (probably the former).

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, programm said:

It's possible to collect data from power lines, but we're talking extremelyslow transfer speeds and reallyexpensiveand big equipment. Not something he can simply hide.

I'mnot trying to be rude here, but is there free access to psyciatric healthcare in your country? Because by the way you describe this siutation, both of you may benefit from some sort of therapy.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

OP is in his bedroom. He can hear his housemate walking around the house. 20 minutes later he hears his housemate plugging something in to a wall socket. Thinks that the housemate is remotely hacking in to his PC through the ethernet in the walls or perhaps wifi.

The housemate is probably just plugging in his phone charger or something similar.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, chckovsky said:

It's possible to collect data from power lines, but we're talking extremelyslow transfer speeds and reallyexpensiveand big equipment. Not something he can simply hide.

I'mnot trying to be rude here, but is there free access to psyciatric healthcare in your country? Because by the way you describe this siutation, both of you may benefit from some sort of therapy.

I dont understand why you say it.

Back to the topic - I was in house entire day, and wasnt turned on PC at all- I heard that roommate was calling to someone with semi-crying voice. SOmething is...

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

OP is in his bedroom. He can hear his housemate walking around the house. 20 minutes later he hears his housemate plugging something in to a wall socket. Thinks that the housemate is remotely hacking in to his PC through the ethernet in the walls or perhaps wifi.

The housemate is probably just plugging in his phone charger or something similar.

Some correction:

housemate walking around IN HIS ROOM, not in entire house.
If i do not turn on PC or TURN OFF PC, he keeps reconnecting something every 10 or 15 or 20 minutes, charger would be connected once, that isnt charger.

Back to the topic - I was in house entire day, and wasnt turned on PC at all- I heard that roommate was calling to someone with semi-crying voice. SOmething is...

Perhaps you should ask him if he is okay. Talk to him and say that you noticed he seemed to be upset and ask if there's anything you can do to help.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

just ASK

"hey, why do you keep bashing the socket, im trying to sleep/relax"...

"hey are you OK? i think i heard you crying"

you are paranoid and from your description there really isnt much to prove hes doing something shady

Yeah, you're definitely paranoid. I'd seriously go talk to someone if I were you. I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, programm said:

It may just be language barrier, but there are some paranoid tendencies in your writing. I'm not saying you're crazy, but I would definitely seek out some help. It's not for us to diagnose you, but if you do have some paranoid tendencies, you should seek help as soon as possible as it's likely to only get worse untreated.

If this and other things keep you up at night, seek help. If you just think it's weird, then maybe your housemate is weird, or maybe he is sick.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

14 minutes ago, Neftex said:

just ASK

"hey, why do you keep bashing the socket, im trying to sleep/relax"...

"hey are you OK? i think i heard you crying"

you are paranoid and from your description there really isnt much to prove hes doing something shady

It is not bad idea. But he usually bashing that socket at 22:00, while his room lights is turned off. he doing, because make impression that "he sleeps" and expecting nobody hears it. Clearly hiding something, as there was previous scenarios. 
I.E. If I turn off PC, he goes to toilet and locks for up to 2 hous, he expect that I will think, "he is in toilet, I can turn on PC and use safe",  while soaking my pc resources in the toilet iwht a iphone.

Clearly hiding something,

You may be right here, but I dont't think he's hiding what you think he's hiding. It's far more likely that he's on drugs, or really sick, or even contemplating suicide TBH.

6 minutes ago, programm said:

I.E. If I turn on PC, he goes to toilet and locks for up to 2 hous, he expect "That I will think, he is in toilet, I can turn on PC and use safe", while soaking my pc resources in the toilet iwht a iphone.

I'm sorry to say, but seeing this, I would think you're either trolling or paranoid.

You cannot steal info through the power line because it connects to your PSU. Your data doesnt go through the PSU at all.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s