Suggestions on a new PC build

Hello everybody! I am building my first pc and I am going for the best I can with a $3000CAD budget. I have currently planned out an idea of what I want but I would love suggestions on how to improve, I am trying to have as much RGB as possible. The attached Excel Spreadsheet has all my current parts and prices.

PcPartPicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KgdYLJ

10 minutes ago, BladeEngage said:

The attached Excel Spreadsheet has all my current parts and prices.

GamingPcPriceSheet.xlsx

Make a PCPartPicker list instead

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

12 minutes ago, BladeEngage said:

Hello everybody! I am building my first pc and I am going for the best I can with a $3000CAD budget. I have currently planned out an idea of what I want but I would love suggestions on how to improve, I am trying to have as much RGB as possible. The attached Excel Spreadsheet has all my current parts and prices.

GamingPcPriceSheet.xlsx

Sorry, but I'm not downloading a random file uploaded from a random new forum member when there are better options like PCpartpicker. I think I'm not alone in this, and you would likely get a lot more answers if you did. These types of posts usually get a lot of answers really fast.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

2 minutes ago, BladeEngage said:

Sorry everyone I am sorta new at this. There is a link now!

No problem, and thanks for making it easy for us to help you. Overall, a solid build - however there's two things that NEEDS to change IMO.

1) While a great cooler in many situations, the Hyper 212 evo likely isn't going to be sufficient for your situation. If you plan on even trying overclocking your cpu, you need a more powerful cooler. Cryorig H5 or R1 are really cool (but I don't know if the R1 will fit in your case)

2) That keyboard is really awful. IMO, at least. I mean if you like it that's fine and it's all up to you, but tome it's really a lot worse than most office keyboards I've used.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

Thanks, I'm trying to keep it under 3k so is there any good RGB keyboard suggestions you have that are under $100CAD?

8 minutes ago, BladeEngage said:

good RGB keyboard

I'm sorry, don't take offense, but I think you're attackig this the wrong way. You really need to go to a store and test a few different switches out, at the very least watch a few videos about the different key switches that are available. Personally I prefer Cherry MX Browns or Blues. But that's all preference.

EDIT: Switches are like shoes - everyone has different preferences. It's not all looks (it's mostly everything else than looks).

2 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

I'm sorry, don't take offense, but I think you're attackig this the wrong way. You really need to go to a store and test a few different switches out, at the very least watch a few videos about the different key switches that are available. Personally I prefer Cherry MX Browns or Blues. But that's all preference.

totally agree! there are a few parts, like mice, monitor, headset, chair, desk and keyboard that all are very personal.

its way easier recommending a graphics card or a CPU, because everyone with that specific part will somewhat experience the same.

My Gaming PC: 27833

Well I'm trying to find a solid RGB mechanical keyboard for under $100, preferably by Razer. I live in a very rural area so I would have to drive over an hour to try out any keyboards, Any insight would be great.

IF you are somehow unable to try them out - MX reds are usually "non offensive" for most users.

If you don't play any games that require the NUM-PAD, a tenkeyless keyboard like the Corsair K65 RGB may fit your budget and be to your liking.

I plan to play a wide variety of games so I will definitely look into those keyboards.

14 minutes ago, BladeEngage said:

Well I'm trying to find a solid RGB mechanical keyboard for under $100, preferably by Razer. I live in a very rural area so I would have to drive over an hour to try out any keyboards, Any insight would be great.

Razer greens are comnparable to Cherry MX Blues.Tactile, loud and clicky to the point of driving people near you insane. Not a good option if you're a young kid trying to get away with playing late at night, or an adult with kids that are trying to sleep. OR generally if you have people near you. But man do they feel good to type on.

MX red or razer yellow  are not tactile and silent. Not as nice to type on but good for gaming IMO.

MX browns and Razer Oranges are a bit tactile and almost silent. A good compromise IMO. 

10 minutes ago, BladeEngage said:

Well, maybe sort of. BUT I know I'm one of the only ones that will.

I like to say that they sound like Razer Greens but feel like a really heavy MacBook keyboard (the older ones) in a weird way, with an added click. BTW, it's not actually mechanical, but for people with powerful hands (I'm a guitar player) they may be pleasant to type on. They're too heavy to game on for my tastes though. BUT better than the cynosa.

that's funny, I'm also a guitarist. I will check out the Razer Green it sounds like a great keyboard.

5 minutes ago, BladeEngage said:

. I will check out the Razer Green it sounds like a great keyboard.

They're not a keyboard but many top of the line Razer keyboards use those switches. Not sure you'll get on for less than 100 C$ thoguh

Oh, that makes sense. Do you know of any inexpensive keyboards with razer greens?

EDIT

I have about a $150 margin for a keyboard

So I swapped some items. SSD outperforms what you had selected at a lower price, CPU Cooling solution is $15 more expensive, but a comparative heavy weight for cooling, selected RAM as that was oddly missing from the prior link. Went for 3000MHZ ram with CL 15-15-15-35 Timings. GPU is still triple fan, less costly, with a 30MHz lower boost clock. Also tossed in some thermal compound that is seriously high quality just about the only things that beat it are liquid metal solutions. Still $26 dollars or so to go in the budget. You could leave the thermal grizzly out and be okay still, but it will do quite a bit better at lowering your thermals than the compound that comes with the cooler(with proper mounting the difference can be greater than 7 degrees centigrade)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($456.75 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($45.34 @ Newegg Canada Marketplace) 
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly - Kryonaut 1g 1g Thermal Paste  ($15.94 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($258.75 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($205.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX6000 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($88.88 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($99.95 @ shopRBC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card  ($1025.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: Corsair - Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($159.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($118.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($164.75 @ Vuugo) 
Case Fan: Corsair - LL120RGB LED (Three Fans With Lighting Node PRO) 43.2 CFM  120mm Fans  ($117.95 @ Amazon Canada) 
Keyboard: Razer - Cynosa Chroma Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($77.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Mouse: Razer - Lancehead Tournament Edition Wired Optical Mouse  ($79.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Other: LG USB 2.0 Ultra Slim External DVDRW Model GP60NS50  ($36.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Other: Razer Sphex V2 - Ultra Thin Polycarbonate Gaming Mouse Mat - Adhesive Base  ($19.96 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $2974.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-22 01:44 EDT-0400

Rawr.

6 hours ago, Sernefarian said:

compound

Wow thank you! My original build didnt have ram as i have 16GB from an old computer and as i was needing to keep it under 3k i just couldnt find room. This will surely help with building my pc and i will look it over deeper later.