LF New Monitor \ 144hz vs 240hz \ 1080p vs 1440p \ Response Time and Input Lag

Hello all,

I'm currently looking to buy a monitor to play competitive FPS game PUBG. I need your help to get to a conclusion about this complicated pieces of tech.

My present setup is running on:

i7 - 7700k

16gb DDR4 3200mhz

Samsung Evo 960 500g

Asus GTX 1080 OC

Asus Z270 Prime-A Motherboard

Primary Gaming Monitor: S2417DG Dell - 165hz 2560x1440 (G-sync is turned off)

I'm currently using this monitor with G-sync off because I read somewhere that using G-sync on causes some input lag and higher response time. If that is true, it really deprecates my gameplay and face to face combat.
Also, it is said that playing in 2560x1440 also adds some latency to the gameplay. 

Currently, I am running the monitor at overclock frequency of 165hz. I have doubts about 240hz TN panels because I read many reviews saying they are faulty and have higher response times than 144hz 24' FHD ones.

Can you help me figure out all of these subjects? Thank you so much, if so!

I am looking for an alternative to this display, some answers if:

• Gaming @ 1080p vs 1440p really affects the PUBG gaming experience?
  • the G-sync ON vs G-sync OFF vs Freesync, options that I could have with a new monitor
  • 144hz vs 240hz response time, latency?
  • What cable to connect? Display Port vs DVI vs HDMI? Which one has the lowest latency?
  • Getting the fastest monitor in the market. Which one is it?

Thank you so much for your time,

Best Regards,

24 minutes ago, ruihater said:

Hello all,

I'm currently looking to buy a monitor to play competitive FPS game PUBG. I need your help to get to a conclusion about this complicated pieces of tech.

My present setup is running on:

i7 - 7700k

16gb DDR4 3200mhz

Samsung Evo 960 500g

Asus GTX 1080 OC

Asus Z270 Prime-A Motherboard

Primary Gaming Monitor: S2417DG Dell - 165hz 2560x1440 (G-sync is turned off)

I'm currently using this monitor with G-sync off because I read somewhere that using G-sync on causes some input lag and higher response time. If that is true, it really deprecates my gameplay and face to face combat.
Also, it is said that playing in 2560x1440 also adds some latency to the gameplay. 

Currently, I am running the monitor at overclock frequency of 165hz. I have doubts about 240hz TN panels because I read many reviews saying they are faulty and have higher response times than 144hz 24' FHD ones.

Can you help me figure out all of these subjects? Thank you so much, if so!

I am looking for an alternative to this display, some answers if:

• Gaming @ 1080p vs 1440p really affects the PUBG gaming experience?
  • the G-sync ON vs G-sync OFF vs Freesync, options that I could have with a new monitor
  • 144hz vs 240hz response time, latency?
  • What cable to connect? Display Port vs DVI vs HDMI? Which one has the lowest latency?
  • Getting the fastest monitor in the market. Which one is it?

Thank you so much for your time,

Best Regards,

Cable doesn't affect latency. G-Sync doesn't add any meaningful amount of latency either, at least in my testing.

The majority of your latency comes from the network, hardware has pretty minimal effect on it unless you have a TV with a bunch of image processing options turned on.