Best Unmanaged Switch?

DragonMatt

I would like to know what the BEST unmanaged 5-port switch is. Try not to base it on your opinions, unless you've tried more than just that one switch.

Unmanaged switch? Then it would be cheapest gigabit one you can find.

Edit: Maybe with the exception of cheap china knock offs. But I hoped that was obvious. If you just stick to one of the major brands, then everything should be fine.

any  cheap (big brands) TP-Link 5 port switch

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I have a whole host of these little beauties. They are easy to set up and I have never had one fail :)

TP link switches are fairly good too, However I think that they are a little too plasticky. If you're looking for great quality, customer support and reliability then you should always stick to cisco kit. This gets a good rating 

My network is ran off an netgear prosafe  gs724t and an netgear sslvpn 312, Then they all go back to my core of a 48port cisco :)

Break it. Put it back together.Then hope like hell it works. Failing that Use Gaffer Tape.... lots of it. If that doesn't work then either there isn't a problem or you haven't used enough gaffer tape,

We have a few of these lying around the office and they perform quite nicely. I'd recommend anything from Cisco or MikroTik.

I have a whole host of these little beauties. They are easy to set up and I have never had one fail :)

TP link switches are fairly good too, However I think that they are a little too plasticky. If you're looking for great quality, customer support and reliability then you should always stick to cisco kit. This gets a good rating 

My network is ran off an netgear prosafe  gs724t and an netgear sslvpn 312, Then they all go back to my core of a 48port cisco :)

I also would recommend the GS105, I have the big brother, the GS116GE, right next to me and never had any problems with it whatsoever and the built quality is just beast.

Main Rig: Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2GB OC - Corsair XMS3 16GB 1333MHz - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, Transcend SSD370 512GB, WD RE4 500GB, WD Red 2TB - EVGA SuperNova 850-G2

I have actually had two cisco (SD2008) switched fail on me.  Instead I replaced them with a comparable net gear switch and they run perfectly. 

The net gear switches go on sale quite a lot, and you might find the eight port one on newegg for 29.99 (after rebate and discount).