Can somebody tell me the difference between these 2 monitors?

Go to solution Solved by Dversity,
15 hours ago, Glenwing said:

I ended up ordering the Gaming version. But if I understand correctly, its not the input latency that is displayed on the specs, but the time the pixels take to go from gray > to another color > then gray again. Ghosting is caused by higher reponse time. Input lag and response time are two difference things. 

Hi,

I am about to buy the Samsung 49" 32:9 monitor. There are 2 types of them I can choose from, but I dont really see the huge difference.

Samsung 49 C49HG90DMU Gaming Curved and Samsung Dis 49 C49J890DKN Curved

there's like 250 dollar difference. All I can see is that the cheaper one doesnt have QLED and freesync, or is there more? Is it worth paying 250 dollar for those features? I am also going to buy a new nvidia graphics card, so I couldnt care less about the freesync. 

Is QLED much better than LED?

Thanks in advance :)

The gaming one seems to brighter by 50cd/m² and has a 1ms response time instead of the 5ms on the other one. Also, the non-gaming one supports more colours/a different(wider?) range of coulours, if I got that right. Apart from that, the ergonomic features seem to be different and the gaming model supports Quantumdot technology, I think. 

These are just a few differences, but I think that's not all of them... :P

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Oh, didnt see the reponse time. Is it possible that the Gaming version has 1ms Gray to gray respons time and the non-gaming version is color to color?

Thanks for the quick answer :) 

I've been digging around some more. Seems like the non-gaming one has 5ms GtG. This is probably a deal breaker. :( 

Or will I actually feel a difference between 1ms and 5ms? 

6 hours ago, Dversity said:

I've been digging around some more. Seems like the non-gaming one has 5ms GtG. This is probably a deal breaker. :( 

Or will I actually feel a difference between 1ms and 5ms? 

http://humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

15 hours ago, Glenwing said:

I ended up ordering the Gaming version. But if I understand correctly, its not the input latency that is displayed on the specs, but the time the pixels take to go from gray > to another color > then gray again. Ghosting is caused by higher reponse time. Input lag and response time are two difference things. 

1 hour ago, Dversity said:

That is correct. Advertised response time is effectively meaningless though, actual response are usually wildly different than the advertised numbers, so there's no way to compare based on those.

4 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

That is correct. Advertised response time is effectively meaningless though, actual response are usually wildly different than the advertised numbers, so there's no way to compare based on those.

Oh really? I hope I didnt just flush down $250 down the toilet. Does this mean that it's a just a gamle to buy a monitor, without properly reading others reviews etc.? I couldnt find a proper review of the cheaper non-gaming one. 

7 minutes ago, Dversity said:

Oh really? I hope I didnt just flush down $250 down the toilet. Does this mean that it's a just a gamle to buy a monitor, without properly reading others reviews etc.? I couldnt find a proper review of the cheaper non-gaming one. 

Response time isn't really that big of a deal to be honest.

12 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Response time isn't really that big of a deal to be honest.

It probably isnt. I just got a scare when I read about the AOC 35" 21:9 200hz monitor. Many people returned the monitor because they couldnt handle the amount of ghosting it displayed.

Anyways thanks for your input! Very much appreciated <3