Setting up temporary profile for Windows 10

Hello all,

(first post on here woohoo!)

I need to pick someones brain...

I am in a situation where, for example, friends would come over and use my laptop, but I have very limited storage on there.

I am happy to let them install things such as games etc (so grant admin rights on that account, so to speak), but I would like them to use a temporary profile, in such that when the user logs out, it would delete/restore any changes on there that they have made.

Would anyone have any idea on how to do this? I've tried Googling, but the forums that are popping up aren't exactly what I'm after.

Thanks

- MLFH

If you create admin user and allow this user to access only his user folder for installation, then you may remove user after with all data in one click. Lot of work imo, you must disallow that user to write in all other folders. But possible.

Thanks for the reply.

What if I were to set the account to be a standard/restricted account? So, it would ask for my Admin password when they tried to install something, would that make things easier?

Not really. I think it will be similar.

Best way is to have two drives - one for you and one for guests. Then you have separate system and rest of people can even collect viruses if they like. :) But in laptop it can be a little annoying or even dangerous - laptops are not very strong and few disk replacement increase possibility of broke some thin plastic elements.