New gpu, old monitor, want clarification

LLLLets_Shadles
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,
3 minutes ago, LLLLets_Shadles said:

1) will this cause any sorts of problems (im planing on running 1920x1080@144hz)

DisplayPort is forwards and backwards compatible.

2) does the kind of cable i have matter? ones like the Amazon basics say they are 1.2 compliant while ones like the iVanky say they are 1.4 compliant. should i get a 1.4 compliant for the best future proof, or would the 1.2 input port not be able to handle a 1.4 feature/specification?

Cable compliance is only for peace of mind. As far as I know, DP to DP is passive.

So im in the middle of building a new pc and am going to be getting a GTX 1080 but my monitor only has a display port 1.2 input while the 1080 has dp 1.4 output.

I tried reading the FAQ's but i just want some clarification since this exact situation isn't really touched on (if it is just tell me im stupid/lazy)

My questions are kind of connected:

1) will this cause any sorts of problems (im planing on running 1920x1080@144hz) 

2) does the kind of cable i have matter? ones like the Amazon basics say they are 1.2 compliant while ones like the iVanky say they are 1.4 compliant. should i get a 1.4 compliant for the best future proof, or would the 1.2 input port not be able to handle a 1.4 feature/specification? 

A new monitor isn't out of the question its just not a thing i want to invest in since my current one is still pretty new (to me) and works well.

Cable compliance is only for peace of mind. As far as I know, DP to DP is passive.

12 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

thanks for the quick and concise response