Is that better?

WhyThereIsAPieOverHead

Today my friend replaced my intel stock COOLER with an older intel stock cooler with copper base +deepcool thermal compound for my i7 8700, is that better? 

Plus he opened my gtx 1060 and replaced the thermal compound to deepcool too

Is that better too? 

Note

My cooler fabfastest rotate speed is 3200

His cooler fanfastest is 1800rpm

Aftermarket coolers aren't that expensive. A 212 evo can be found for around $20 - $30.

hi.

Imo intel stock coolers have never been particularly good at anything accept making noise. New thermal compound is certainly a good thing. I don't know of any notable improvements on stock coolers over the years so I'm sure you'll be 'okay'.

If you've got a spare 20 bucks laying around get a cooler master 212 evo.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Result is better than Before it never gets up to 100 degrees running aida64 stress test

Because i replaced the fan of my cooler

Well, beeing close to 100 isnt a good result, in fact its pretty terrible. Keyword: thermal throtteling

You should open you mind to any kind of aftermarket cooling solution. Intel Boxed Heatsinks have been shitty heatsinks ever since. Even with a 10$ aftermarket solution you can get 30 to 50% better results.

Not even touching stuff like longevity or thermals in your whole case...

1 hour ago, WhyThereIsAPieOverHead said:

I dont want to buy a aftermarket coolers

Then ....why are you asking ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, WhyThereIsAPieOverHead said:

Result is better than Before it never gets up to 100 degrees running aida64 stress test

Because i replaced the fan of my cooler

100C? And what temps are now? You probably can improve temps more with setting manual voltage. (And to people questioning this, locked CPU means multiplier is locked, all other tweaks are available. You could even OC locked CPU a bit).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

42 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

100C? And what temps are now? You probably can improve temps more with setting manual voltage. (And to people questioning this, locked CPU means multiplier is locked, all other tweaks are available. You could even OC locked CPU a bit).

Using base clock? 

My friend set my cpu voltage to 1.3

7 minutes ago, WhyThereIsAPieOverHead said:

Using base clock? 

My friend set my cpu voltage to 1.3

Well, they'r not the best friend. Optimal would be under 1.2V. With 1.3V you could run decent multiplier OC. And yes, with base clock. Not very effective but can be done.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

How

21 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Well, they'r not the best friend. Optimal would be under 1.2V. With 1.3V you could run decent multiplier OC. And yes, with base clock. Not very effective but can be done.

7 minutes ago, WhyThereIsAPieOverHead said:

How

How what? OC? Or voltages? They are all done in BIOS. Look at manual, or videos which look through what each setting does. Videos can be from older gen boards of same manufacturer, they don't change much between generations. Or just go in there and read tool tips. You can always select not to save anything when exiting. Or reset if you mess something.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv