HP laptop warranty and updating drivers/custom drivers

Heya!

Do any of you happen to know if the HP British warranty (3 year extended) would not mind updating to non-hp drivers? I'd like to get a bit more from my integrated 620 to play some older games.

Would they even know if before warranty service i change back to hp drivers?

Thank you!

Wouldn't like to give a definite answer but should be fine, and you're very unlikely to break anything using other drivers anyway. If the laptop breaks hardware-wise then they probably won't check the hard drive anyway as they're focused on repairing machines quickly. Best of luck.

You can install any drivers you want as it is software. But once you start overvolting then is another story

The extended warranty probably only covers hardware issues, not software.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

5 hours ago, CandleJakk said:

Wouldn't like to give a definite answer but should be fine, and you're very unlikely to break anything using other drivers anyway. If the laptop breaks hardware-wise then they probably won't check the hard drive anyway as they're focused on repairing machines quickly. Best of luck.

Thank you!

Yeah, forbidding driver installations would be just too consumer hostile so I doubt they would like to risk it with the EU.

30 minutes ago, TLCH723 said:

You can install any drivers you want as it is software. But once you start overvolting then is another story

Even then they'd have no idea it was overvolted. Either way, overvolting is BIOS-locked by HP. Installing a hacked BIOS voids the warranty, but I'm only talking about replacing HP-native drivers with Intel drivers.

28 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

The extended warranty probably only covers hardware issues, not software.

So by that you mean they really don't care about the software? Because I know they would hate BIOS changes (which I would call software and not hardware).

6 hours ago, Caius Filimon said:

So by that you mean they really don't care about the software? Because I know they would hate BIOS changes (which I would call software and not hardware).

From my experience, no, they don't. If you break the system by installing bad drivers, software or BIOS updates, it is not covered by the warranty. If the hardware fails, then it is covered by warranty, such as CPU, screen, keyboard, etc failure. 

Generally if you want further cover to protect yourself against accidental (or even purposeful) damage or even software issues such as a bad BIOS update, then you'd have to purchase the specific extended warranty to cover those needs. Even then, the extended warranties may not cover everything.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.