Stuck in Windows Automatic Repair loop! Help

BluShammrock

While my computer was sleeping I switched hard drives. (I run 2 OS and switch the cable between the two.) Now I'm stuck in a Windows Automatic Repair loop.

Please help.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4820K / GPU: Nvidia GTX 760 4GB / RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 2133 / MOBO: Asus P9X79 LE / HDD: 1 TB / Case: NZXT Phantom 410 White / Cooling: CPU Closed Liquid ARC Dual Silent / PSU: 850w / OS: Win7

Try booting into safe mode. If that fails see if you can get into the advanced repair menu, if you can try the 'continue to windows' option.

I've tried booting in safe mode and continuing to windows. It just restarts in Windows Automatic Repair and fails every time.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4820K / GPU: Nvidia GTX 760 4GB / RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 2133 / MOBO: Asus P9X79 LE / HDD: 1 TB / Case: NZXT Phantom 410 White / Cooling: CPU Closed Liquid ARC Dual Silent / PSU: 850w / OS: Win7

What I would suggest is to grab a 8GB+ USB, use a tool like RUFUS and download an iso over Ubuntu for free, use RUFUS to turn your USB into a bootable and to use the BIOS to boot into Ubuntu. I did this and I found one of my drives was close to failing and that was why is wasn't working. Let me know if you have any issues, I'm happy to help. :)

Check in bios which hdd it boots from. I had the same problem when switching from an ssd with my OS on it to a m.2 nvme.