OC'ing 8086k with NH-D15?

Alright! So.. Another plan from that processor.. (i didnt buy it, I won it owo) And I saw GamersNexus get 5 ghz on all cores at basically 1.3 to 1.35, and I was wondering if you guys think the NH-D15 can handle that kind of voltage? Or is that just something where I sell the cooler and put it towards an AiO? (The budget for the AiO would still be like 130$ or less)

Moist

1 minute ago, sillypenguin213 said:

No problems. And budget AIO are terrible 

I heard.. And since I got a noctua, obviously quietness is still a focus.. But god dang man ;w; some of those premium ones.. Would be worth it just to get a basic kit from EKWB.. But you think temps would be fine? Ive seen no real temp charts on it that arent de-lidded

Moist

6 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

I heard.. And since I got a noctua, obviously quietness is still a focus.. But god dang man ;w; some of those premium ones.. Would be worth it just to get a basic kit from EKWB.. But you think temps would be fine? Ive seen no real temp charts on it that arent de-lidded

I have a D15S that keeps my 8700k on 50C at stock frequency. So...

11 minutes ago, sillypenguin213 said:

I have a D15S that keeps my 8700k on 50C at stock frequency. So...

:v Thats not bad.. At the lowest settings my motherboard will go i keep a 4770k at 49 idle.. not sure why its so hot tho

Moist

5 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

:v Thats not bad.. At the lowest settings my motherboard will go i keep a 4770k at 49 idle.. not sure why its so hot tho

You may need to replace the thermal paste, or lower the voltage. Old hardware generates more heat than new ones.

10 minutes ago, sillypenguin213 said:

You may need to replace the thermal paste, or lower the voltage. Old hardware generates more heat than new ones.

Its running stock ;w; And the thermalpaste is relatively fresh. Only like 6 months at most. Probably just a hot processor owo

Moist