Power Fluctuation during a storm

Hi all, I was using my desktop when I noticed the lights in my room dim a little then return to full brightness. I assume there was some sort of power fluctuation, this is something I've never experienced before and I'm worried that something may have happened to my computer. This happened when it was only drizzling outside and by the time that this is posted, I'm in the midst of a full blown thunderstorm. After this power fluctuation, I immediately shut down my pc. It is plugged into a surge protector but that doesn't help in this kind of situation... i think. What damage could I have done to my computer, and what should I check for once I can get it running. 

This happens ALOT to me.

During storms, or even tuning my computer on.

one of the best things is to make sure your Desktop is plugged into a Surge protector power bar, Might already be.

But this well protect your PC if the power shocks your Outlet or what not.

EDIT I READ THE REST OF YOUR POST

M Y  S T U F F

Ryzen  PC |~|  Ryzen 5 1600 | GTX 1060 6GB | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB DDR4 DDR4 2400 x2 |  WD Blue 250GB SSD | Barracuda Pro 2TB  EVGA 650W 80+Gold |

Laptop |~| Legion Y530 | i7-8750H | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz | 128GB SSD | 1 TB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm |

Macbook Air |~| 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 | Intel HD Graphics 6000 | 8GB of 1600MHz  512GB SSD |

Displays |~| AOC G2460VQ6 24" x2|

Keyboard |~| Corsair Gaming K70RGB 

Mouse |~| Razer Lancehead Pink RG

Audio |~| HyperX Cloud II Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X

Microphone |~| Audio Technica AT2035

M y  R e v i e w s 

Lenovo Y530 Legion Laptop.

More Coming Soon...

Any damage would have been noticeable immediately, power surges aren't "small damage" kind of events. They either do nothing and are absorbed entirely by the suppression systems in every device between the local transformer and your PC, or they aren't. 

If the power dipped on your wall socket circuit, the residual capacitance stored between your PSU and your internal components were enough to keep everything within a stable voltage range. The machine would have powered off or crashed if it dropped too far, primarily to protect your components.

TL;DR: I'm fairly sure you have nothing to worry about.

7 minutes ago, Tabs said:

Any damage would have been noticeable immediately, power surges aren't "small damage" kind of events. They either do nothing and are absorbed entirely by the suppression systems in every device between the local transformer and your PC, or they aren't. 

If the power dipped on your wall socket circuit, the residual capacitance stored between your PSU and your internal components were enough to keep everything within a stable voltage range. The machine would have powered off or crashed if it dropped too far, primarily to protect your components.

TL;DR: I'm fairly sure you have nothing to worry about.

I see I see, in the immediate aftermath I was able to shut down and nothing looked wrong. The system was also not under load, just idling if that helps. Thanks for your reply, my mind is a little more at east. 

2 minutes ago, tahmidkhan123 said:

I see I see, in the immediate aftermath I was able to shut down and nothing looked wrong. The system was also not under load, just idling if that helps. Thanks for your reply, my mind is a little more at east. 

You said when you can get it running again? It was working fine when you shut it down right? Its probably fine if it was just a brief undervoltage and if it stayed on and was operating normally the PSU has something called "hold up time" so a minor flicker shouldnt bother it, especially if idling. We have them all the time here, which is why i have a UPS.

https://www.sunpower-uk.com/glossary/what-is-hold-up-time/

1 minute ago, Amazonsucks said:

You said when you can get it running again? It was working fine when you shut it down right? Its probably fine if it was just a brief undervoltage and if it stayed on and was operating normally the PSU has something called "hold up time" so a minor flicker shouldnt bother it, especially if idling. We have them all the time here, which is why i have a UPS.

https://www.sunpower-uk.com/glossary/what-is-hold-up-time/

I'm waiting till the thunderstorm stops before I turn on my tower. Trying not to take chances. I see I see, I remember briefly reading about holdup times when I built this system. I considered getting an ups a while back but the expense has held me back and frankly this is the first time in nearly 5 years that I've experienced a power outage/voltage drop situation. However... this has got me thinking about getting one. Thanks!